Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,705   Posts: 1,482,755   Online: 1033

Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 71112131415161718192021222327 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    I don't disagree, but these "duratrans" materials were designed for large displays in stores for commercial purposes and thus were not specifically engineered to make small slide images for intimate projection or duplication through several generations.

PE
    PE you hit on an important factor with this material it is a large backlit display material only. In 2009/2010 I extensively tested this material outside its designed use and this material certainly cant be used for intimate projection or duplication.
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What was wrong with Duratrans (Duraclear?), in your experience?

Shooter
    35mm
    Do tell - what happens when you try to project it? Does it fade quickly? Is it because the grain is the size of basketballs when you do this? I'd feel a lot smarter if I knew what questions to ask about what's wrong with Duraclear/fujiclear/etc...
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Duratrans is not adjusted for proper contrast or Dmax when used outside of its recommended use. That use, as stated, is a backlit display.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Duratrans is not adjusted for proper contrast or Dmax when used outside of its recommended use. That use, as stated, is a backlit display.

PE
    And in its recommended use it is (as well as the similar Fujifilm offerings) excellent. Not only in commercial use, but also as a big, colorful, brillant backlit picture in your home. There are several backlit options for such a use at home available.
    Highly recommended, a very nice feature to give your room a real highlight.

Best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When ever Stephen is ready, I am ready with the money for 5 rolls and have a stellar project to shoot that I did not have time to wrangle before Dwayne's shut down, with over 60 rolls of the last batch of KR-64 in the freezer....time will tell if this really happens or not....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    When ever Stephen is ready, I am ready with the money for 5 rolls and have a stellar project to shoot that I did not have time to wrangle before Dwayne's shut down, with over 60 rolls of the last batch of KR-64 in the freezer....time will tell if this really happens or not....
    All of this does not appear to fit Steve's guidelines for doing the work. The first 5 rolls may, but the rest?

See what Steve posted Dan.

PE

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format

PE
    At least looking at data sheets I cannot see a lack of Dmax. Duraclear even has higher Dmax than Ektachrome Duplicate.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The clear display material has a Dmax similar to Ektachrome but the "frosted" material has higher Dmax AND Dmin. This is due to the "frosting" material that makes it semi opaque. The "similar" Dmax is about as far as the comparison can go due to issues of sharpness and grain (induced, in part, by the "frosting" material).

These images are designed to be viewed in huge displays and from a distance. Not up close and not projected from small images into huge images. See Steve's comment above for more on this.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All of this does not appear to fit Steve's guidelines for doing the work. The first 5 rolls may, but the rest?

See what Steve posted Dan.

PE
    Which post? Last I heard he was checking on interest, 5 roll minimum, $260 a roll....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin