Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,198   Posts: 1,531,465   Online: 831

Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 111516171819202122232425262731 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Frizza View Post
    Im happy to share my knowledge in the same manner as photo engineer.
    Thats great to hear.

If you do so, it would be great if you could post any of your knowledge on my Wiki, http://kodachromia.wikia.com/

Its designed to document each step of the process, right down to the exact chemistry and chemicals used to help others who may be interested in processing.

While i dont have the resources to process kodachrome myself, i would like to help out in the best way i can, i dont know how much your process differs than k-14, but i feel we should now give it a new name like K-15 or something, unless we can replicate the exact chemistry used for the K-lab, we cant call any other process K-14.

I have a great interest in the process, and if nothing else its good for educational purposes.

I think Dan should look at working with Kelvin Kittles' K-lab and sourcing the chemistry for it, this would be the most economical way to process the film, but is only a viable option if the chemistry can be obtained.

How much does your chemistry differ Steve than what Kodak would have used in the K-lab?
    Would it be easy enough to obtain, compared to the chemicals you are using, which i understand are not 100% the same couplers that Kodak used?

Im sure there are others who could help Kelvin in the US rather than getting Steve to travel over there.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Future Kodachrome Colour Developing

Dan may have turned off his email notifications, he did say he was stepping back from the forum for a while, I'll call him.

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the call Stone, I appreciate the heads up and don't want to let thanks go un-given. So thanks to PE, Stone, etc for the offer, but I think I want to just stick to what I have the time to do and what I know best and that is shooting..

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    Greg, great links, thanks for showing them, I had no idea that work was out there. My idea was posted on my blog in early 2010 then I sat on it a bit, a couple of the paintings I had in mind shown:

http://kodachromeproject.com/blog/archives/229

As far as originality, I was looking at challenging my self to recreate exact works of specific paintings which will require bulletproof casting, set building, costume design and utterly masterful lighting. If I were hell bent on this no matter what and had all the aforementioned lined up, I have a couple of packs of 220 Astia that *might* come close...but not as close as Kodachrome. I have seen that kind of light in the natural world, not on a set, it seems to only be revealed by Kodachrome unless painted. The attached image, although more of a grab shot than artistic, shows the kind of treatment Kodachrome gives very specific light in terms of what I see possible.

I am out of town until later this week, so I am going to take at least the rest of this week away from the forum and possibly more...as much as I get out of coming here and like to make actual contributions, I think forums are often just too much of a distraction for me...

I have about half a dozen other projects that are anywhere from 6 months to 12 more years long, so it's not like I will be purposeless if I leave my stash of KR64 in the freezer and just get what I have as a book out. In fact, I really just need to do that as there are so many rich images that people have yet to see but I am not putting them on the web. I am not at all lacking for imagery to get this book out when it comes right down to it...

It would really be something to know how to process Kodachrome, even if it resulted in only a few rolls being brilliant at the end of testing and souping and a trip out to Rochester to see Ron, Audrey and the Kodak gang would be really cool about right now. I still know the top two gals who worked in the lab and could pick their brains too. But I am a photographer first and foremost so I would much rather pay someone to do it...and I would be willing to pay them what they are worth as I was in this case...

Maybe some day, until then, the film sits under hundreds of other rolls at the very bottom of one of the freezer drawers, the idea a fond one in the back of my mind's eye....

Take care everyone and have a good holiday season!
    Last edited by PKM-25; 12-04-2012 at 02:26 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Future Kodachrome Colour Developing

Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    Thanks for the call Stone, I appreciate the heads up and don't want to let thanks go un-given. So thanks to PE, Stone, etc for the offer, but I think I want to just stick to what I have the time to do and what I know best and that is shooting..

Greg, great links, thanks for showing them, I had no idea that work was out there. My idea was posted on my blog in early 2010 then I sat on it a bit, a couple of the paintings I had in mind shown:

http://kodachromeproject.com/blog/archives/229

As far as originality, I was looking at challenging my self to recreate exact works of specific paintings which will require bulletproof casting, set building, costume design and utterly masterful lighting. If I were hell bent on this no matter what and had all the aforementioned lined up, I have a couple of packs of 220 Astia that *might* come close...but not as close as Kodachrome. I have seen that kind of light in the natural world, not on a set, it seems to only be revealed by Kodachrome unless painted. The attached image, although more of a grab shot than artistic, shows the kind of treatment Kodachrome gives very specific light in terms of what I see possible.

I am out of town until later this week, so I am going to take at least the rest of this week away from the forum and possibly more...as much as I get out of coming here and like to make actual contributions, I think forums are often just too much of a distraction for me...

I have about half a dozen other projects that are anywhere from 6 months to 12 more years long, so it's not like I will be purposeless if I leave my stash of KR64 in the freezer and just get what I have as a book out. In fact, I really just need to do that as there are so many rich images that people have yet to see but I am not putting them on the web. I am not at all lacking for imagery to get this book out when it comes right down to it...

It would really be something to know how to process Kodachrome, even if it resulted in only a few rolls being brilliant at the end of testing and souping and a trip out to Rochester to see Ron, Audrey and the Kodak gang would be really cool about right now. I still know the top two gals who worked in the lab and could pick their brains too. But I am a photographer first and foremost so I would much rather pay someone to do it...and I would be willing to pay them what they are worth as I was in this case...

Maybe some day, until then, the film sits under hundreds of other rolls at the very bottom of one of the freezer drawers, the idea a fond one in the back of my mind's eye....

Take care everyone and have a good holiday season!
    Welcome Dan, thanks for the thanks

Side note, being "original" doesn't mean much since "it's all been done before". I too have a 'recreating old paintings' project (I may have even talked about it with you briefly Dan, can't be sure) but its never been done like the way you would do it, nor I, so I would rather see different styles if the same idea than scoff at an idea previously done.

Best of luck to us all in our endeavors, I'm still trying to figure out my scanner... Who would have thought it would be this much of a pain, maybe I should have just doesn't the money at $10/scan...

I feel like Dan, what I'm good at, SHOOTING, the rest is just stuff I have to do to show people the shot, I'm no artist of the darkroom...I like the light too much

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just getting back to the original question - if it was very important then I wouldnt have thought some people would pay this.

Stephen, as we now run a lab, I will keep this in mind for the day someone comes in with some Kodachrome they must have processed as colour slide, even at a cost.

As a lab we could always build up to 5 rolls from different customers and send them at one time.

Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    Bumping this thread after a long absence, any news? anything?
    I am keen to know if nothing else if that space shuttle film managed to get processed or not.

Shooter
    35mm
    I haven't developed any film yet from my documentation of the shuttle launches.

Last couple messages to Mr Frizza weren't returned so I've held back on raising funds until I've got a solid partner to help with the chemistry.

I'm aching to get this rolling and raise some money to get this done. If anyone has a serious lead on color Kodachrome processing, let me know!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by shuttlelaunchfilm View Post
    I haven't developed any film yet from my documentation of the shuttle launches.

Last couple messages to Mr Frizza weren't returned so I've held back on raising funds until I've got a solid partner to help with the chemistry.

I'm aching to get this rolling and raise some money to get this done. If anyone has a serious lead on color Kodachrome processing, let me know!
    Just B&W processing for me... It's been coming along... I've got over 100 rolls of Kodachrome 25 & 64 now so let me know if you discover something.

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    35mm
    Hopefully you hear back from Steve in due course, he probably has been rather busy.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzoomed View Post
    Hopefully you hear back from Steve in due course, he probably has been rather busy.
    I thought he's already said he isn't doing it unless its a single role of something guaranteed to be amazing like a shot of big foot or the third gunmen on the greasy knoll or a recent shot of bobby fisher.... Haha

Seriously he said he wasn't doing whole batches of film just one roll of something important.

It sucks that this space shuttle guy doesn't have his rolls done, but he knew it was happening and was doing this space shuttle launch thing and hasn't finished it in time, yet expects someone to process it anyway...

I was short on money and had to borrow money to get my rolls processed, but I got them in, and done. I had 15 rolls left I just couldn't afford to process, but I didn't shoot them I hopes someone would later.... Now I have over 100 rolls and I'm shooting them as B&W because I know they will never be color... Sad... But that's the reality...

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin