Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,989   Posts: 1,524,084   Online: 1072

Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 131718192021222324252627282933 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nevertheless, it gives you an idea of the cost of a one-off process for the film. This is not easy stuff to do.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dead and buried, and folk are still rambling on about it. Move on.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Dead and buried, and folk are still rambling on about it. Move on.
    Please don't tell others what they can and cannot discuss. When you do that, you're also effectively telling me what I can and cannot listen to. And I enjoy listening to the rambling on this topic.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh, I'm sure you'd listen to what Fujifilm is about to announce. Then rant about that too.

Looks, you can rant and whistle Dixie until the cows come home, but Kodachrome won't be back. Sorry, but after all these pages, still no miracle or first off the ranks with the $260 a roll offer. What? Nobody has taken up that offer? Why?
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Oh, I'm sure you'd listen to what Fujifilm is about to announce. Then rant about that too.

Looks, you can rant and whistle Dixie until the cows come home, but Kodachrome won't be back. Sorry, but after all these pages, still no miracle or first off the ranks with the $260 a roll offer. What? Nobody has taken up that offer? Why?
    My reaction to your first post was about none of that. I was trying to be polite and subtle.

Subtract my second and third sentences, then please try again...

Ken
    Last edited by Ken Nadvornick; 08-12-2013 at 11:19 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Brutal clarification...
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    35mm
    Well after all the work Steve Frizza went to in processing some kodachrome experimantally, im surprised he's not offering a service.
    It seems rather pointless to process it just to show that it can indeed be done, after going to all the work of making the equipment necessary to do all the light exposures, etc, i thought he would have liked to have made some money back for his time, especially knowing that there are at least some people who are prepared to pay for processing this film.

Shooter
    35mm
    It seems likely that somebody will come up with a technique to develop Kodachrome conveniently, but without guaranteeing color balance or stable dye-couplers. The images should be copied and archived then corrected in some other medium. It might be a classic form of the art.

Shooter
    35mm
    By now, all the kodachrome rolls left on the market have expired and, obviously, have fogged/shifted colors/lost sensitivity and whatnot.

I wouldn't shoot a single roll even if processing was free.

RPC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Please don't tell others what they can and cannot discuss. When you do that, you're also effectively telling me what I can and cannot listen to. And I enjoy listening to the rambling on this topic.

Ken
    One could look at it as advice based on an opinion, which is everywhere on this site, not necessarily telling you what you can or cannot do.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by falotico View Post
    It seems likely that somebody will come up with a technique to develop Kodachrome conveniently, but without guaranteeing color balance or stable dye-couplers. The images should be copied and archived then corrected in some other medium. It might be a classic form of the art.
    the majority of photographers including Steve Mccurry have kept theirs frozen.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin