Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,030   Online: 1001

Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe we could use Kodachrome for the next five "Let's All Shoot One Camera" cameras, take one or two frames each, and all split the cost.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by edibot42 View Post
    Maybe we could use Kodachrome for the next five "Let's All Shoot One Camera" cameras, take one or two frames each, and all split the cost.
    That is an EXCELLENT idea!

And what good publicity it would be for both Stephen and APUG. A brand new Kodachrome project where lots of people get to contribute. How unique would that be?

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format

Future Kodachrome Colour Developing

Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    People;

You have been complaining about Kodachrome being "retired" and wanted to restart the line at literally any cost. Well, here is your chance and no one wants it.
    PE
    1+

Shooter
    Multi Format
    if nobody wants...I think I should say good luck to your stocks on the freezer, that will be a collector item still anyway....
    Last edited by MARKNABIA; 11-06-2012 at 09:59 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    On the contrary, this is a great thread! How many ever really thought there might be another chance at Kodachrome, however once-in-a-lifetime it might have been?

Are there another four of you out there???

Ken
    I'd be happy to be counted as another 1 - my best roll of Kodachrome from its last few months got overlooked when I was mailing my last batch to Dwayne's and I _want_ to see it developed. Aren't there a few other people in a similar situation? I would spend months enjoying looking at each frame, at under $8 a frame.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Pfft – there is more value in the conceptual artistic merit of the ‘Mystery roll’.

Put it on ebay – with the description:

FOR SALE – 1 x roll of exposed Kodachrome, taken by a mystery photographer.
    Who was the photographer? Was it your next door neighbours grandfather, or was it shot by the dude who took ‘Afghan Girl’…..
    What are the images? Do we have pictures of Aunt Bettie’s cat, or do we have the evidence that it was the person on the Grassy knoll
    Revel in the wonder. You may just have the most important photographs in the world sitting on your shelf.

I think if we start at $1000/roll, surely we could get at least $500,000?

(kinda like selling pieces of the real cross, hey…)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How about $250 a roll for 4? I would strongly consider that, wife agrees...

PM me if serious...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    +1. I would be willing to part with a few bucks to get a handful of frames. Of course, we'd need to make sure we have good K-Chrome, a good camera, and most importantly, a reliable financial intermediary.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    35mm
    +1 from me as well. this actually caught me as a truly unique and awesome idea. i never got the chance to shoot kodachrome despite my families boxes of slides being exclusively full of it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The question is: CAN you develop a roll of KODAKCHROME at that price if I put the money on the table?

Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin