Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,537   Posts: 1,544,267   Online: 763

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 394344454647484950 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Has anyone experimented with kodak Vision 3 stock in a film camera? (or any other ECN2 type stock for that matter?)

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, and there's countless threads already about that type of thing already on APUG.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Fotoimpex in Germany even sells 500T packaged in 35mm canisters with the remjet backing removed.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzoomed View Post
    Has anyone experimented with kodak Vision 3 stock in a film camera? (or any other ECN2 type stock for that matter?)
    In a nutshell: It works well, but there is a big question mark about the long term stability of the dyes when processed as C-41.
    http://www.cinestillfilm.com/p/resouces.html

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    Yes, and there's countless threads already about that type of thing already on APUG.
    ive tried to search for them, but nothing really has come up. Im sure people have experimented, interesting that it can be done in c41, but would be more difficult to do in ECN chemistry.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzoomed View Post
    ive tried to search for them, but nothing really has come up. Im sure people have experimented, interesting that it can be done in c41, but would be more difficult to do in ECN chemistry.
    See here for instance, the thread contains links to other relevant material. I am quite puzzled by this Cinestill film: it is based on an ECN-2 film which yields lower contrast and needs a different development agent than regular C-41 films. In order to avoid the low contrast issue the maker rates this ISO 500 film as 800, hoping that push development would fix the contrast. Still, the C-41 process uses CD-4 as color developing agent whereas the ECN-2 process required CD-3. Photoengineer has already commented extensively on this issue.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I have a saved PDF copy of the Kodak Z-50 manual for the Z-Lab K-14M process. Should I upload it? (Send me a private message if this would be useful.)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    OK, I've heard requests to post the Z-50. So up it comes. Well, minus Chapter 6, since the file is over the file size limit. Need to see how to make the PDF file smaller for that one.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    OK, managed to compress Chapter 6. (Screenshots are probably coarser.)
    Attached Files

Shooter
    35mm RF
    No idea why I don't have a Chapter 11. Perhaps Kodak didn't publish it online?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin