Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,117   Online: 815

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Given I wash my film in the tanks (usually put through at least 10 batches of fresh water per film), there is no chance of contamination. It would be the same as you are subjected to wen you clean your tank after finishing processing, regardless of the process regime.

I, too, have the sink on the "wrong" side of the tank; however, this has never been an issue for dumping chemicals. The tank's mouth is always higher than the bottom of the hose when lifted, so it is easy to capture the stop-bath/fixer when they've finished their work. I'm not sure why you cannot do this? The only issue for me comes when I want to empty the tempered bath water where I need to turn the processor around to drain it. But, again, it would be easy to capture this in a bucket placed under the hose if I could be bothered…

You physically might feel that you have more control without the lift; however, I feel that the introduction of chemicals via the lift (especially the Developer) is a much better way than to have to pour it in to an upright tank. As the machine is agitating as I do it, I feel that the initial chemical contact with the film is both controlled and repeatable. I have never had an issue with banding etc. from introduction of the developer (but I do prewash, something I feel is necessary for good negs in Jobo).

Just my way of working. YMMV.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For a standard C-41, it is bleach just after developer, no rinse. So clearly you'll lose developer and the bleach will be diluted rather quickly. With the tank off the machine, I can be sure that most of the developer is dumped. But with it on the lift, I'm not certain.

My CPE2 sits on a flat large surface (metal). To catch the chemical dump, I have to put the bottle below the surface. Even after you catch most of the dump, the hose still drips liquid. I just do not like to clean the spill. This can not avoided. But I may put a developing tray under the hose to catch any spill and rinse the tray instead.

The other limitation of the CPE2 is the small size. You'll have to prepare your own rinse water since you do not have enough room in the tempering bath. Also, when you remove two chemical bottles, the bath water level drops quite a bit. This can remedied with the CPP2, but it is such a waste of bath water if you only want to develop 2 rolls of films, or a couple of prints.

It is all compromise.....
    Last edited by RedSun; 11-06-2012 at 02:46 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I leave the motor running when I am raising the lift.

The lift is especially helpful when using the Expert Tanks, which are large and heavy.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can't run expert drums on CPE2.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin