Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,559   Posts: 1,545,238   Online: 885

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Anyone using a Nova processor with C41 2x 120 rolls???

Hi All,

I have just purchased a Nova FP 3 reel processor with a view to developing 2x 120 Portra 400 rolls in one go.

I have fuju hunt 5L chemicals. I am assuming I will have to fill the tank with 1000ml of developer? If so, how many times can I use this developer with 2x120 Portra 400 before I need to use a fresh batch?

Also, is pre-soak a good idea before I add my developer to the tank?

I am planning on making 1L of dev at a time. Are there any of the other chemicals in the kit that I can reuse or should I just use them once?

Thanks

New to all this C41 business!

Paul

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i used to presoak but now i dont - i find my negatives turn out better if i just preheat the tank

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wilfbiffherb View Post
    i used to presoak but now i dont - i find my negatives turn out better if i just preheat the tank
    Thanks man. I did what you said and it was fine!

Natalia II Portra 400 by The Paul Reid, on Flickr
    I think the colours look more real than when I sent them to be lab'd.
    Speed Graphic, Pentax 67, Mamiya RZ67, Mamiya 645 1000s, Nikon F5, Nikon Fm2

Shooter
    35mm
    Paul, how easy was the Nova to use? Did the chems take long to reach the correct temperature?
    Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    Paul, how easy was the Nova to use? Did the chems take long to reach the correct temperature?
    Hi Steve, the Nova makes it as simple to do as a black and white roll. As everything is at the right temp, you just concentrate on timings. I put water in close to the ideal temp as possible, but obviously your chems must also reach this temp. I usually switch it on before I have even got the rolls out of my camera! It probably takes 30-40mins to get all the chems to perfect. I use and electronic thermometer which is ace!
    Speed Graphic, Pentax 67, Mamiya RZ67, Mamiya 645 1000s, Nikon F5, Nikon Fm2

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin