Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,489   Online: 976

Shooter
    Multi Format

Pushing Portra 160 help ei 1250

Hi everyone,
    I was shooting 6x6 film at night at a dia de los muertos festival, and after I shot all of my delta 3200, I was forced to shoot a roll of portra 160 at around EI 1250 to get an acceptable shutter speed. It is underexposed by 3 stops.

My question is: how far should I have it pushed?

I have never gotten my c41 pushed before, so I hope someone can shed some light on the situation for me.
    Thanks!

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd push-develop it two stops, should turn out okay.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you know a lab willing to push C41 film, then they may know if Portra 160 can bear a 3 stop push.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My lab does push c41 up to 3 stops. I think I'll ask and if in doubt ill do 2 to 2 2/3 stops. I'm interested in how these will turn out

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a vague feeling( sorry vague is all I can be ) that there is at least two threads showing colour neg films that were exposed by at least 3 stops under. I can't say what those films were unfortunately nor whether they were subsequently pushed but I have a feeling they were not. One was a shot of a still life indoors and the other was of a male outside wearing jeans by a hedge. I think the latter was to demonstrate that development at less than 100 degrees F was possible and produced acceptable negs

Hopefully I have said enough to spark others' memories who will direct you to the threads in question

pentaxuser

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin