Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,531   Online: 1012

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: C41 Recipe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Use the current final rinse for film made after about 2000. See my big post on stabilizers. I hoped it would be the final word.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Use the current final rinse for film made after about 2000. See my big post on stabilizers. I hoped it would be the final word.

PE
    Thanks PE. I hadn't seen your Stabilizer post

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Re: C41 Recipe

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleP View Post
    I've almost managed to source everything I need, all except for the Formalin in the stabalizer.
    A few years ago I bought a few liters of formalin from a supplier on eBay with "free shipping" on orders over X. And it was fairly inexpensive.

When it arrived I noticed they did not declare or pay the HazMat fees. Just a plain brown box. But the onus is on the shipper.

Now, given that you're in Australia and I'm in the US this may very well be useless info. But just in case someone else looks, maybe they're still shipping.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleP View Post
    Thanks everyone for the responses. It's hugely helpful.
    I've almost managed to source everything I need, all except for the Formalin in the stabalizer.
    I'm wondering if I can leave the formalin out or should I just buy something like Kodak Flex III Stab & rep?
    Thanks
    The Flexicolor Stabiliser is sold at Vanbar, there's some on the shelf iirc.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    A few years ago I bought a few liters of formalin from a supplier on eBay with "free shipping" on orders over X. And it was fairly inexpensive.

When it arrived I noticed they did not declare or pay the HazMat fees. Just a plain brown box. But the onus is on the shipper.

Now, given that you're in Australia and I'm in the US this may very well be useless info. But just in case someone else looks, maybe they're still shipping.
    Some shippers do that, the problem is Hazmat (actually dangerous goods is the proper term often shortened in the industry to DG) fees exist, because DGs should not be sent sent through sorting machines, some of those sorting machines are 5 storeys high, and stuff has been known to fall off the belt at the top.... Of course a spill, means the entire line needs to be shutdown and cleanup done, by a professional DG team. This can take hours and the costs to shutdown a sort line that deals with 100,000 pieces/hour can cost millions in overtime and other costs. This cleanup bill is kindly provided to the company who was too cheap to pay the DG fee.

When DG shipments are declared, the marked items are sorted by hand, this costs money, and that's why there are hazmat fees.

Many carriers do not ship DGs internationally, because there is extra paperwork involved and the shipper is responsible for making sure that an international shipment DG response team is available if there is a spill.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Remember that you do not need Formalin for EK or Fuji C41 films made after about 2000.

PE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin