Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,548   Posts: 1,573,039   Online: 836

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    So just to repeat my question and Stephen Frizza's. The negs do look quite different from the next roll of negs?

Stephen, based on what you've done with the scan in terms of colour correction, can the OP do the same with RA4, assuming he considers the film important enough to want reasonable prints from it?

pentaxuser

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    So just to repeat my question and Stephen Frizza's. The negs do look quite different from the next roll of negs?

Stephen, based on what you've done with the scan in terms of colour correction, can the OP do the same with RA4, assuming he considers the film important enough to want reasonable prints from it?

pentaxuser
    In my eyes they just look same, editing to rebalance the color sometimes hurt the pixel, but anyway many thanks for your comments
    quiet-light.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post

pentaxuser
    yes it would be simple to colour correct this printing in analog.
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It may have something to do with the scanner settings too. Scanned photos won't decide it all. A RA-4 will clearly show the difference between the two rolls of films.
    A photo amateur
    Sinar P2/F2/Nikon F100/Bronica ETRSi/GS/Saunders 4550XLG/Jobo CPP2/CPE+/Colorline 7000

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like the first photo was taken under fluorescent lighting as well as being a bad scan.

The second looks like a bad scan.

The film may be a bit different in balance or it may be improperly exposed or processed. Note the very low contrast in the image that Steve posted.

PE

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Looks like the first photo was taken under fluorescent lighting as well as being a bad scan.

The second looks like a bad scan.

The film may be a bit different in balance or it may be improperly exposed or processed. Note the very low contrast in the image that Steve posted.

PE
    both frame shot with natural light, n scan with epson v700, as i said before, i develop the next rol n scan normally, anyway thanks Ron
    quiet-light.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Strange C41 Result

Silly question, perhaps, but did you indeed set the scanner to scan as a color negative? Scanning without the software compensating for the orange mask would result in the cyan images you posted.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by haryanto View Post
    In my eyes they just look same, editing to rebalance the color sometimes hurt the pixel, but anyway many thanks for your comments
    If this is the case and both films' negs look the same then I'd be surprised if these negs can't be printed with accurate
    colour. We are getting close to this being a hybrid thread with scanners and scanning being the main issue. Maybe it always was.

If you don't have the equipment to do RA4 then take the negs to a lab and ask it to do some prints. If you get good prints you will know that there was nothing wrong with the film in the first place and your dev process is fine.

Everything now points to the film being fine based on its expiry date, its having the same look as the next OK film and the fact you carried out exactly the same process with the next film and it was fine.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thank you so much for comments guys
    quiet-light.blogspot.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    just FYI
    first photo is fuji 160NS-120format
    sec. is kodak color pro 135mmClick image for larger version. 

Name:	tes027.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	319.6 KB 
ID:	59687Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tes002.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	347.1 KB 
ID:	59688

from same developer n process and scan from same scanner V700 and same setting
    quiet-light.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin