Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,715   Posts: 1,483,040   Online: 776

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Strange C41 Result

Anybody know why this happened, fil fuji 400H expired 2014, develop by hand in tanks C41 fuji CN1
    if chemical failure, my next rol portra developed normaly result
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tes012.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	252.6 KB 
ID:	59595Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tes022.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	227.3 KB 
ID:	59596
    quiet-light.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just to be sure: are you 100% sure that this film was indeed Fuji pro 400H C41 film, and not by any chance slide film? Can you tell us what the edge markings say? Do you see the orange mask on your film strips?
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Those scans - are they scans from the negs or prints made by RA4? If they're scans from neg, could be the scanner settings are wonky.

Shooter
    35mm
    Do the negs look like the pictures you show except in reverse of course? These scans are almost monochromatic so the negs must look strange as well.

Based on what you have said about the next roll to be developed being fine, there are only two explanations:

1. Something went wrong when processing but if so, it seems strange that on the next roll you did everything right.

2. There is something wrong with the film

Number two seems the more likely. You are absolutely certain that it was colour neg film that you had? It actually says on the outside of the cassette C41?

pentaxuser

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudeofus View Post
    Just to be sure: are you 100% sure that this film was indeed Fuji pro 400H C41 film, and not by any chance slide film? Can you tell us what the edge markings say? Do you see the orange mask on your film strips?
    Yes the box and the plastic bag said it fuji pro 400H, the edge marking too
    quiet-light.blogspot.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    @Polyglot: scan from negative, my scanner are ok, I scan other negative too,
    @Pentaxuser: my next roll ok , it's look like the film expired too long, the label say it exp. date 2014
    Last edited by haryanto; 11-11-2012 at 07:23 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    quiet-light.blogspot.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudeofus View Post
    yes 100% sure it's fuji pro400H, orange mask on the film strip
    quiet-light.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well storage at high temps for even a short period of time will do wonderful things to unexposed film.
    Bob

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I see this all the time, does the Negative itself look normal? because when scanning or printing without correcting filtration the film it will look like this. I took the file you present here and spent 5 seconds to filter out some of the cyan and the colour fell roughly into place. With a higher quality scan I could get the colour spot on for you. I would be interested to see the negative as a negative as it actually is this would reveal everything. Alternately if it is a processing problem do you have control strips?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails colourcorrection1.jpg  
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Frizza View Post
    I see this all the time, does the Negative itself look normal? because when scanning or printing without correcting filtration the film it will look like this. I took the file you present here and spent 5 seconds to filter out some of the cyan and the colour fell roughly into place. With a higher quality scan I could get the colour spot on for you. I would be interested to see the negative as a negative as it actually is this would reveal everything. Alternately if it is a processing problem do you have control strips?
    Thank you Stephen, I dont do much color process, just for fun, my main film is BW I can full control with BW
    I suspect the film relabelling the expired date, some of them has record texture backing paper, got this experience in very old bw film
    Last edited by haryanto; 11-12-2012 at 07:36 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo
    quiet-light.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin