Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,659   Posts: 1,481,496   Online: 1125

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

fujicolor 200 at walmart

I shot some pix for a non-profit event two weeks ago and they gave me a$50 gift card to walmart as a think you. I've only been there a few times always to drop of velvia to get E6 done. They have some fujicolor film there, 200 400 and 800. I thought about using the card to get some cheap neg film to try and do my own c41 development at home. did it months ago with poor results so maybe i'll try again. My question is, is the film any good? when i shoot film i usually shoot velvia ektar or portra. but would be willing to try it out.

so what are the thoughts on the fujicolor 200 film at walmart?

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's probably Superia that they have. I keep more Superia 400 stocked than anything else. It's a good all around film. Check the expiration date if you buy it off the shelf (any shelf).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well, in my opinion, every new experience is good but don´t expect the same colors than Velvia or Ektar. It´s a huge diference.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why don't you just use the gift card for your processing fees?
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    35mm
    I use Superia 200 all the time and find it quite excellent. I too home process, and it's a very easy film to scan.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In my opinion, Superia is the worst film in existence at the moment. Total garbage, perfect for shooting tests of crap you don't care about because they'll look like a big steaming pile of it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrapak View Post
    Why don't you just use the gift card for your processing fees?
    Because they don't give back negatives anymore?
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I personally find Superia To be a good film, better than the Kodak that kmart sells at least, but as stated before its no ektar.
    Last edited by jgwetworth; 11-17-2012 at 01:24 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Minolta X-700, Nikon FM3A, Mamiya RB67 PRO-S

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Superia used to be good. I preferred it to Gold for a long time. Now, though, I'd shoot Ektar or 400VC first. I was very fond of Ultra Color when it was available, too.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fuji 200 is a good general film.

Jeff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin