Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,268   Posts: 1,534,356   Online: 858

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Blank results with cross process...

I went to cross process some expired E100 film that I got free when buying a "debonair" camera from FFP. Unfortunately It ended up blank....I don't think the film was exposed to light as its more not exposed rather than the "black/brown" of inadvertent exposure. I'm pretty sure I did the 3 1/2 min of dev, 6 1/2 of blix and I was careful with the temperature (there was a long break between prewash and developer as the prewash was at temp but the dev wasn't quite there yet.) One suspect is the developer could have gone bad (it was very dark) or could it have been the long break between prewash and dev? I'm leaning towards bad developer. Thoughts?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Throw a scrap of film in the dev if you have any left, it should turn black. If not and your, sounds like C41 dev, is likely dead.
    Bob

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Are there any edge markings or is the film totally blank?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It's totally blank which makes it even more seem like it was bad developer. I thought unicolor developer had a decent shelf life but it's possible I didn't have the container closed properly and air got in.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin