Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,771   Posts: 1,484,332   Online: 1196

Shooter
    Multi Format

has anyone used this kodak c41 sm development kit?

I've never seen this before so maybe Kodak is answering our requests for a smaller home system kit. Unfortunately B&H says only available for store pick up. it looks like it could be a nice alternative to the kits at freestyle. i Know i can get the chemicals separately but it would be nice for people starting out with home development. cost is $73 but no idea on the size of the individual chems.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...rocessing.html

here is a brief description.

Kodak Flexicolor Chemicals, Process C-41, are for processing Kodak color negative films such as Kodak Professional Porta Films, as well as and other manufacturers' films.
    These chemicals are supplied in all-liquid concentrates for easy mixing, and designed for optimum results in all types of processors.
    One of each of the following chemicals is needed to complete the process:

• Kodak Flexicolor Developer
    • Kodak Flexicolor Bleach III
    • Kodak Flexicolor Fixer & Replenisher
    • Kodak Flexicolor Stabilizer III & Replenisher

Flexicolor SM Processing Unit F1 (C-41SM) provides all 4 chemicals in one easy to use dispenser.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 218299.jpg  
    Last edited by destroya; 11-19-2012 at 07:01 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    This seems very expensive and unnecessary. You are paying for more than the 'food' when you get served at a restaurant. This 'convenience' has a cost. I did not see what size that this was but if it is for less than a US Gallon it is expensive, indeed. A nice way to make a handsome profit by taking advantage of the easily intimidated, chemistry-wise.

I buy the 25 gallon size of Flexicolor developer'replenisher for $100 plus $40 shipping from PDISUPPLY.COM. I use regular fixer and for bleach I use potassium ferricyanide. - David Lyga

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/8...41-newbie.html

The kit is for mini labs.

B&H's description isn't the whole story.

Shipping is an issue for B&H, the bleach requires ORMD (?) shipping, but there are other places, minilab supply houses like Liberty or Armadillo or Pakor or ... that can ship it.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin