Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,747   Posts: 1,515,681   Online: 805

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSun View Post
    I know, I know. But you still made a mistake. The 1-liter kit can do 12 35mm-36 films....

I'd be happy with my 10 liter package case....
    One of the salespeople at FreeStyle told me he gets 16 rolls of 135-36 film is he processes one batch after another leaving time for the reels and tanks to dry. I have not done that yet.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm mainly going to use for 120. I know Costco doesn't do those, so I would have to take to speciality lab which charges 7.50 a roll. I scan the color negs in high end neg scanner. I'm thinking this going to work perfect.

ToddB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    I'm mainly going to use for 120. I know Costco doesn't do those, so I would have to take to speciality lab which charges 7.50 a roll. I scan the color negs in high end neg scanner. I'm thinking this going to work perfect.

ToddB
    Walmart does 120 and 220 through their send out service. Walmart seems to have stopped returning negatives for 35mm C-41 film in various regions of the United States, but I still get my 120 and 220 C-41 and E-6 stuff processed there no problem. For 120 and 220 C-41 rolls developing only is $0.84. I develop all my own B&W, but I can't beat the cost of Walmart's send out service when it comes to C-41. E-6 at Walmart is something like $4.88. That's for 120 and 220. I have the bulk of my stuff done through Walmart's send out service. If I have something really special like a once in a lifetime trip I use NCPS. I believe the Walmart stuff goes to Dwayne's. It takes two weeks to come back depending on the day you drop it off.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    $0.84, unbelievable. It barely covers the cost of the envelop.

Since most people scan the negative, the demand for custom film processing is not very high. This is certainly one of the best alternatives if you only shoot few rolls of films a year.
    A photo amateur
    Sinar P2/F2/Nikon F100/Bronica ETRSi/GS/Saunders 4550XLG/Jobo CPP2/CPE+/Colorline 7000

Shooter
    Multi Format
    walmart E-6 for 35mm goes directly to fuji for them to develop. I've had nothing but great results from fuji.

Shooter
    35mm
    If you can shoot plenty, consider going for the 5L kit. I had to do this with E-6. I got the 1L kit first, quickly exhausted it (although I was learning E-6 materials for the first time, and found i loved them, so the 5L kit was worth it).

I home process because
    A. I know how the film is being handled
    B. I fine-tune my process for what I shoot
    C. No waiting for days, i can get home, and develop my film in less than an hour. A good workflow.
    D. I use the chemicals to capacity. At £60 for a 5L kit I find with 4 S8 cartridges and 7 - 8 films per litre i get the full value, especially as S8 can be £12 a roll, MINIMUM in the UK to be processed, works out at £5 per cart taking into account the cost of an empty spool), film works out at just over a quid a roll. Concentrates keep well if an inert gas is sprayed into their bottles before screwing on the lid)

Sorry this is not C41, but with E6 i get considerable cost saving : - ) The Fuji 5L chemicals though are expensive for E6, but for C41 they offer good value as well. considering the Tetenal gives me the same yield. With the added convenience of a 3-bath process (plus stabiliser)

I cannot see the point of using a 6-Bath kit, as tetenals includes a formalin stabiliser... I use the FD to fine tune my process, if there are any other advantages of a 6 bath minus separate bleach and fix let me know, at the moment 3 bath does me just fine and gives lovely results.
    Last edited by jm94; 11-28-2012 at 03:43 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This is going to be a loaded question. I have gone through half of the Digibase C41 kit thread. The one with over 400 pages.... It seems the over all view is that these smaller working solution is capable of processing over 10 rolls of films with reusing them. I am still trying to sort out which kit is better and easier to develop. I am thinking about the Unicolor C41 kit because it is cheaper and only with 3 steps. It appears the 1L portion can do 12 rolls. And the Digibase kit with the leaky bleach bottle issue and having too smaller portion for the stabilizer (250ml and I have a 500ml tank processing 120 film).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I use the Fuji Hunt 5L kit. making up 1L at a time.
    Speed Graphic, Pentax 67, Mamiya RZ67, Mamiya 645 1000s, Nikon F5, Nikon Fm2

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Home c-41 film process kit for 120?

Quote Originally Posted by Noble View Post
    Walmart does 120 and 220 through their send out service. Walmart seems to have stopped returning negatives for 35mm C-41 film in various regions of the United States, but I still get my 120 and 220 C-41 and E-6 stuff processed there no problem. For 120 and 220 C-41 rolls developing only is $0.84. I develop all my own B&W, but I can't beat the cost of Walmart's send out service when it comes to C-41. E-6 at Walmart is something like $4.88. That's for 120 and 220. I have the bulk of my stuff done through Walmart's send out service. If I have something really special like a once in a lifetime trip I use NCPS. I believe the Walmart stuff goes to Dwayne's. It takes two weeks to come back depending on the day you drop it off.

Does Walmart return your 120? That a huge fear of mine, the scans they make from film are USELESS so not getting your film back is just unbelievably bad and a huge fear, what if the person taking your film doesn't realize when the policy changes and you get a package back with a CD and no film. Even the savings doesn't seem worth the risks.

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin