Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,587   Posts: 1,545,855   Online: 1135

Thread: AGFA 94 Kit

Shooter
    Multi Format

AGFA 94 Kit

I've come into 4 X Agfa 94 processing kits, all still sealed. Anyone had any experience using this solution? It includes colour developer, stop bath and bleach fix.

Now the thing is the instructions that came with it refer to using the solutions for E-6 alternate processing by increasing the temp . I thought this stuff was for colour printing but now wonder if it can be used for colour neg and transparency developing as well, does anyone know.

Shooter
    35mm
    Can you give us more information such as what is on the bottles/box. How big are the kits? I mean in quantities the mix is intended to make. With the inclusion of a stop bath this sounds like paper developer. If so it cannot be used for film or transparency film.
    Last edited by BMbikerider; 11-27-2012 at 02:20 AM. Click to view previous post history.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Agfa 94 chemistry is intended for RA-4 papers.

Meanwhile Agfa call their RA-4 chemistry ASP 94.

If your kit bears the label AgfaPhoto it may be a recent production. However if it bears the Agfa label and is called 94 and not ASP 94 it likely is from 2005 or before.
    Last edited by AgX; 11-27-2012 at 04:38 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is an Agfa branded kit for 5ltrs, and it does have RA-4 written on the box. It also has 2005 written on the kits so that confirms your view AgX.

Included in the purchase was a load of Kodak Supra III photo paper, is that suitable for the AP 94 chems? And can I use transparencies on the paper, or just colour negs?

thanks

Shooter
    35mm
    The Supra could be used BUT with the chemicals being dated 2005, if the paper was from the same era, unless it was stored in a fridge/freezer the colour almost certainly will be drastically altered or degraded, or there may be none at all.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kodak Supra is only intended for negatives. You could expose transparencies on it and do reversal processing.
    Sure somewhere here you'll find a thread on reversal processing Supra paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Cheers BMbikerider, the owner of the paper before me had a full suite of developing, processing and enlarging equipment so I am making a guess he was an photo afficionado in which case he would have stored it properly. I suppose the only way to tell is to run a test.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It may need heavy filtration. I have old cold stored supra III and it still needs 80M and 120Y to get a good looking print.

I would suggest work out the proportions and mix up just 1L of chemistry at a time until you get a feel for the process.
    Old RA-4 chemistry is likely to die off faster then fresh stuff, which often does not last much beyond three months at the best of times.
    my real name, imagine that.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin