Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,037   Online: 768

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Stone, in the far past, say 5 years ago ( ) , a long time ago in APUG terms.... I offered a 4x5 Calumet Cadet camera with lensboard but minus lens, for the use of APUG members. The camera would have come with case. No one replied. So, it has been a non-whatever. I still have the camera and case. The thing is, many comments centered around the cost of shipping the camera all over the world, literally.

Customs was another concern!

Also, trust is another issue. I have given away many films for the cost of postage, and have sent coatings to many people for tests. About 25% have not replied on the tests of my coatings and about 25% have not even paid postage for things like a 100 ft roll of 35mm Pan X. So, I say again, trust is an issue! The camera may just vanish.

PE

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Opinion? Agfa, Ferrania, Fuji, Kodak, Konica

Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Stone, in the far past, say 5 years ago ( ) , a long time ago in APUG terms.... I offered a 4x5 Calumet Cadet camera with lensboard but minus lens, for the use of APUG members. The camera would have come with case. No one replied. So, it has been a non-whatever. I still have the camera and case. The thing is, many comments centered around the cost of shipping the camera all over the world, literally.

Customs was another concern!

Also, trust is another issue. I have given away many films for the cost of postage, and have sent coatings to many people for tests. About 25% have not replied on the tests of my coatings and about 25% have not even paid postage for things like a 100 ft roll of 35mm Pan X. So, I say again, trust is an issue! The camera may just vanish.

PE
    That's terrible! I would have demanded postage up front.

I'll be happy to test any emulsions btw with full report!

There's a forum in the UK that has a traveling screen calibration testing unit, but only in the UK so perhaps lending it to the US only would work better.

And how big is this? How much for shipping? I don't have a lens so it probably wouldn't work for me, at this point I'm looking for just a simple but complete setup, lens, body, back film holders, ground glass, the works

Just to test out LF and see if I like it my true investment would be for the MOD54 which looks like about $70 US or thereabouts. Yes I know I could do the taco method but I just don't trust it with the way that I process.

Umm ok I've hijacked this thread enough.

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Don't you already shoot 4x5? The pass along is for newbies to help them learn and get used to a new format for little investment before they plunge in for better equipment once they've learned, which is what I was proposing.

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

I've shot in my time

620, 135, 120 - the 120 was in high school and it was a YashicaMat, heck I wouldn't mind having one of those, now. No LF, I would like to try sometime though....
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Opinion? Agfa, Ferrania, Fuji, Kodak, Konica

Quote Originally Posted by wogster View Post
    I've shot in my time

620, 135, 120 - the 120 was in high school and it was a YashicaMat, heck I wouldn't mind having one of those, now. No LF, I would like to try sometime though....
    Ok you can be in the list after me then lol, ok who's donating their field camera??

~Stone

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin