Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,287   Posts: 1,535,333   Online: 855

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    My local Walgreens still does their 1hr processing. It cost around $10 for develop and print a roll of 24 exposures. Their prints are lousy but I don't care but the negative come back very dirty with stuff that stick on the the negative that I can't clean it off.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've stopped developing at Walgreens and send all of my stuff out now to a little-known group of guys in Jacksonville, FL called Flair Photography, 4 bucks to process my c41 120. Their 35mm I believe is not far from that.

Walgreens was getting fingerprints on my negs and I've seen how the girls there handle film, though very attractive I wouldn't let any of them near my film equipment.
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B+M 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    RB67 Pro S /50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    FED-2 / 50 2.8 Industar 26m / 85 f2 Jupiter-9
    Canon 300v / A2

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I use Dwaynes photo. www.dwaynesphoto.com
    Fast turnaround, reasonable prices. Last time I sent a couple of rolls, I got back very dust scans. Nevr had this problem before, and hope it's just an anomaly. I will try them again, but request a clean scan.

Shooter
    35mm
    j-dogg: I'm in Jacksonville, never heard of Flair Photography. Google turns up nothing in Jacksonville. Do you have a url, address, phone #? When I don't do it myself, I use the pro lab here, Phototechnika (www.phototechnika.com) and have been totally satisfied. They do C-41, E-6, B&W, printing and scanning.

Ulysses

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks everyone. Dwaynes' rates are really pretty good. Including shipping, they are comparable to what I was paying at Walmart anyway.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i found costco does the bet job of all the 1 hour or so developers. The one by me gives mail out developers a run for their money. $7 for development and 4x6 prints. and they got a new machine a few months ago for development.

Shooter
    35mm
    The cheapest Costco membership is $55. That's way too much for me to justify.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by EASmithV View Post
    Your most economical option is to go this route. It is in fact, dead-simple.
    I just started processing my own C41 two weeks ago. It's surprisingly easy.

With lab prices starting at $3 for 135 and upwards of $7/roll for 120, I cut my losses and just started doing it myself. That said, I do have a scanner and access to a tempered water system. Otherwise, I would probably say to try Costco..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    If you only buy gas on the American Express card, you get 3% back and that will cover the $55 real fast.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    The money you will save on toilet paper alone will make the membership pay for itself .
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin