Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,217   Posts: 1,532,167   Online: 979

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    The money you will save on toilet paper alone will make the membership pay for itself .
    But where will you store 72 rolls of toilet paper??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    regarding costco, you might go to the customer service desk and ask if you need a membership to use the photo lab. you do not need a membership to use the pharmacy or the tire dept or the hearing aid center or to see the eye dr so it might be the same for the photo lab.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    Your darkroom of course.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    Toss it down into the basement or out in the shed, it's not like it goes bad or anything, about the only place you don't want to store it, is within a metre of a heat source or under water.... As to the OP, just buy yourself a developing reel, a couple of graduates and a processing kit. You can always process film at home....
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    35mm
    From what I understand, processing color film isn't that easy. Neither is printing it. I already develop and print B&W.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    In a word?

Costco [No available in all locations]
    I'm with Sirius Glass. I get my 35mm done while I shop at Sam's Club. Not all locations do it though. If you upload digital files as well and get big prints Costco seems to have a better operation. You can get printer profiles at drycreek photo for a lot of Costco locations. I think Sam's charges $1.50 for developing only. Prints are a reasonable price.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    From what I understand, processing color film isn't that easy. Neither is printing it. I already develop and print B&W.
    If you can develop B&W, you can develop colour negative film. With B&W you have 4 chemicals, developer, stop, fix, rinse, with some wash steps in between. With colour you have 4 chemicals developer, bleach, fix, rinse, with some wash steps in between. The only hard part with colour, is the temperature, I found out years ago that the process is no where near as temperature sensitive as many people think. The critical temperature step is the developer and that comes first. If you use a plastic tank and it's already at temperature, it's not going to drop drastically in the few minutes development takes. My Darkroom in the old days ran about 64℉ in the winter time, all you do is take a tank of water at the proper temperature, and stick a thermometer in it, see how far it drops during the developing step, say 4 degrees. Bump the temperature by 2 degrees, you should find your starting 2 degrees hot, and end up 2 degrees cold. That's actually good enough. You can buy a colour processing kit, and follow the manufacturers directions. I've never processed slide film, but I understand it's just as easy.

Printing is a little harder, but not much. The only issue is you need to colour balance. easiest with a colour head, but not impossible without.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin