Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,428   Online: 953

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Walmart no longer processes 35mm...what should I use now?

My local minilab (CVS) has a bad track record with me, and I'm not sure how to find a better one without risking film.

I used to send out my color prints using Walmart, the benefit being the quality was good, and they would discount me prints I did not want. However, my walmart no longer processes 35mm film.

I now need a way to get 35mm developed and either basic scans or basic prints, at a reasonable price. Is snapfish still operating? Any good labs where I can get development and 3x5 prints for a reasonable price (<$20 for a roll)?
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In a word?

Costco [No available in all locations]
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Any other drugstores in the area, like Walgreen's? I know all my local Walgreen's still process for a decent price, but I'm not sure if they do 3x5 prints...
    "If it can be written or thought, it can be filmed." - Stanley Kubrick

Shooter
    35mm
    There is a walgreens almost as close as the CVS. I guess I can try that; I'm just kind of gun-shy now. I used to live near a Target and always liked their work.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hi bettersense

bluemooncamera.com and thedarkroom.com
    are both apug sponsors and i have only heard
    very good things about both of them.

good luck !

john
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use TheDarkroom for much of my film. I don't get prints. Just development and scanning. They have basic scans and enhanced scans. I usually go with basic but have used enhanced when I thought I'd want to do large prints from the files vs. negatives.

For quickies like camera or lens tests I use CVS - mine is quite good, or Walgreens - also quite good but twice as expensive.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Target does a commendable job, though I can't speak in general. I use one location and have gotten to know the people there. A dollar to process, $2.50 if you want a CD, which I usually get.

On a side note, I started processing my own C-41 this year -- much easier than I thought.

Shooter
    35mm
    Photoworks SF does mail order. I use them for my color 35mm/110mm/120mm. http://www.photoworkssf.com/services...l-us-your-film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bvy View Post
    On a side note, I started processing my own C-41 this year -- much easier than I thought.
    Your most economical option is to go this route. It is in fact, dead-simple.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I develop most of my own. But I have also used both Blue Moon Camera (great results) and NCP (equally great results.) Those are my go-to color labs. Although I rarely send out black and white anymore, when I do it always goes to dr5.com. They are a bit pricier but they always develop exactly the way I want. I think they are also an APUG supporter.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin