Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,943   Posts: 1,557,607   Online: 1225

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Expired Portra 160NC, Should I Bother to shoot it?

I have Agfa Optima *400* older than that which is perfect, but it's reportedly been frozen the entire time. Try a roll to test but my guess would be if it's been refrigerated since new it will be completely fine.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have close to 3,000 ft of Portra NC 160, which is un-perforated, which I shoot in a modified Nikkormat. So far it has always performed as new with no problems (various expiry dates from 2007 to newer). It is amazing film. FWIW, I have had very good luck with film that has always been refrigerated -- For example, I have some Fuji Super HG that expired in 1998, that I have owned and kept in the fridge since then, that seems as good as new. If the film has always been refrigerated, I'll wager that it is as good as new.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin