Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,577   Posts: 1,545,714   Online: 808

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I will always buy Verichrome Pan in 120 if I see it, no matter how old.
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

"If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My staple film is Tri-X 400. It used to be TMax 400, but the shiny emulsion doesn't scan well in my Epson V700 scanner. I shoot everything and anything important with Tri-X, but once in a while I get a hankering for a slower and finer grained film, just to get a smooth print that looks like it was from large format.
    Usually it's Fuji Acros that gets the nod, because of its absolutely irresistible highlight tonality. Then as soon as I buy a couple of rolls, and realize that it's way too slow for how I shoot, and I regret the impulse. But then a couple of months down the road, there I am again, looking at the Acros, TMX, and Delta 100... When will I ever learn?
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm very happy I'm not alone with CRTOF syndrome. I'm planning to shoot more E6 in 2013. 'They' just have to feel my augmented consumption of it! :-)

Geelong & Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Velvia 50, with Provia 100 hot on its heels.
    Same film in use for more than 20 years.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

can't resist this one film

Quote Originally Posted by rhmimac View Post
    I'm very happy I'm not alone with CRTOF syndrome. I'm planning to shoot more E6 in 2013. 'They' just have to feel my augmented consumption of it! :-)
    Better pick some up now, I have a feeling prices will be going up soon.

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    I can't resist shooting slide film. My two favorites are Velvia 50 and Ektachrome 100VS (I've got about 15 rolls left). For years I've been kicking myself for shooting chromes because I don't have a single print from any of them.

I recently made my first attempt at creating internegs from some of my favorite slides using Portra 160. Making the internegs took around six hours total for 76 frames, and when I got the film back, I was saddened to find that not a single one was useable! It's enough to drive a man to drink.

I'm tempted to switch to C-41 or digital for color, or maybe go fully black & white for a while. But damn if I don't just love looking at my slides on my crappy lightbox with my crappy 15x loupe.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    @LJSLATER: same for me, I love the chromes, can project them but that's becoming a hassle due to the framing up front.

But you're right: they are so lovely to look @!

Shooter
    35mm
    In my opinion, projecting (I don't own a loupe so I use a 50mm lens wide open for one) is the main reason for shooting chromes. Ease of converting to another format which shall not be named is secondary.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My first thought was no, but on second thought yes - Arista EDU Ultra aka Fomapan 400, in both 120 and 4x5, and to a much lesser extent Pan F+.

The first I can't really explain except that it's relatively cheap to play around with and has an old style look that's fun sometimes. The Pan F+ is a bit more rational in that it's a lovely film. I shoot it in 120 and develop in Diafine which gives me a bit more effective speed (I shoot it at EI 64) and 15x15 prints on 16x20, or even cropped 16x20 prints, from 6x6 that rival my prints from 4x5. They don't IMO quite equal them but, honestly, only I seem to notice. The reason it's a film I don't really need is that the speed is too slow for most of my shooting and I could get results that are likely just as good from Acros or TMY or Delta 100. I've just started shooting a few rolls of Acros and like it, though somehow I hate to supplant FP4+, though they look totally different.

But I certainly don't NEED any Pan F+ when I have Acros in the film fridge, and I even more so don't need rebranded Foma of any speed when I have Kodak TYM-2 (4x5) and Tri-X (120) but I buy some of it and shoot some of it anyway.

I do buy Provia 400X too, but I feel like I need that, because I'm trying to shoot lots of slides while I can and it's two stops faster than any other current production slide film and a really nice film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    So you're saying tech pan in Ilfso 3 would be ok?

What shoot DD-X? It's made for t grain films so it won't take advantage of that since tech pan is traditional grain, so would Ilfsol 3 be better since its made for low ASA fine grain traditional grain films?
    I have had good luck in Rodinal at high dilution but I think TD3 is the go to soup for TP now that Technidol is gone. I have 150 rolls in 35mm and 160 rolls in 120 in the freezer with enough Technidol for all but about 30 rolls of it, TD3 for the rest.

I bought a 105mm Rodagon-G just to enlarge the 120 version of that, APX25, Efke R25 and Tmax100 to be shot in 6x6 and 6x12 format...:-)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin