Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,766   Posts: 1,484,113   Online: 953

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

can't resist this one film

Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Warning, pedantry alert!

Stone:

The phrase is "The point is moot" not "The point is mute"

Meaning: "The point is of little or no practical value or meaning; purely academic"

Rather than: "The point is incapable of speech; dumb"

Sorry
    No please correct things like that, I prefer to know how to speak properly

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by damonff View Post
    Everyone is out of stock in the US. You have to get Adox and Rollei stuff from MACO. Their shipping isn't too bad considering the expected arrival date for the US stores is late January and they keep pushing it back.

Freestyle had Rodinal in stock.
    Oh freestyle does? Good to know, I couldn't tell if B&H was out of stock or if they simply lusted it that way because they can't ship it. I know some stuff can only be bought IN STORE so I was thinking of going in to see if they had it...

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Understandable. 127 is probably the film with good quality cameras available and almost no film, especially with Efke going under.

I think I saw some on freestyle.. Have to check.

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, Silvermax! It is really nice film. It is making me forget about my TMAX 100 stockpile. Try some. You will believe! It is more expensive (and out of stock) at BH and Freestyle. I got mine at MACO in Germany.
    The film I love to shoot, has got to be PanF, yeah it's slow and it's monochrome, but because it's slow you don't get grain that looks like boulders in an 8x10 from 35mm....
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    35mm
    Haha. So true. I shot some 3200 once and couldn't tell what I shot because it looked like a Seurat painting!

Quote Originally Posted by wogster View Post
    The film I love to shoot, has got to be PanF, yeah it's slow and it's monochrome, but because it's slow you don't get grain that looks like boulders in an 8x10 from 35mm....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Haha. So true. I shot some 3200 once and couldn't tell what I shot because it looked like a Seurat painting!
    SOOO funny, I JUST (as in 2 hours ago) got out of seeing "Sunday in the Park with George"!! A play mostly about George Seurat with some parallels of his points of light with modern TV screen points of light put together to create an image... Similar to film

~Stone

Shooter
    35mm
    I couldn't resist Plus-X until they jacked the prices up before it was discontinued.

I couldn't resist Elite Chrome either...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Something's wrong then. I regularly shoot TMZ and Delta 3200 in 35mm (TMZ) and 120 (D3200) at 3200 and even, for TMZ, 6400. It's grainy yes but it certainly doesn't obscure the subject.

For some photos I LIKE grain. For other times and subjects, there's other films. Besides, films like TMZ and D3200 allow you to get the picture when the choices are a grainy photo or no photo (or a digital one, horrors!) Heck D3200 at 3200 in 120 sizes isn't even very grainy. It's reminiscent of old style Tri-X in 35mm.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Something's wrong then. I regularly shoot TMZ and Delta 3200 in 35mm (TMZ) and 120 (D3200) at 3200 and even, for TMZ, 6400. It's grainy yes but it certainly doesn't obscure the subject.

For some photos I LIKE grain. For other times and subjects, there's other films. Besides, films like TMZ and D3200 allow you to get the picture when the choices are a grainy photo or no photo (or a digital one, horrors!) Heck D3200 at 3200 in 120 sizes isn't even very grainy. It's reminiscent of old style Tri-X in 35mm.
    Sadly digital has surpassed film in the high ISO capability vs grain. It's actually quite amazing what you can capture on non-film. At 6400 it's certainly a lower grain. I would post an example if I were allowed. Umm my website with the girl eating fire with her chest highlighted by the fire, that's at 5000 ISO www.stonenyc.com it's under the model section. (Please don't criticize the site it's been 2 years since I updated it). If anyone wanted to see. The newer version of my camera is even better at low ISO's.

Just gong with what he said about digital, it's a horror that it does so well in low light hahaha!

Sometimes I feel like you lose all the artistic lighting and the challenge and skill of photography when everything is so easy... But then it's also nice to get the shot...

~Stone

Shooter
    35mm
    Cool! Synchronicity is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    SOOO funny, I JUST (as in 2 hours ago) got out of seeing "Sunday in the Park with George"!! A play mostly about George Seurat with some parallels of his points of light with modern TV screen points of light put together to create an image... Similar to film

~Stone

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Sadly digital has surpassed film in the high ISO capability vs grain. It's actually quite amazing what you can capture on non-film. At 6400 it's certainly a lower grain. I would post an example if I were allowed. Umm my website with the girl eating fire with her chest highlighted by the fire, that's at 5000 ISO www.stonenyc.com it's under the model section. (Please don't criticize the site it's been 2 years since I updated it). If anyone wanted to see. The newer version of my camera is even better at low ISO's.

Just gong with what he said about digital, it's a horror that it does so well in low light hahaha!

Sometimes I feel like you lose all the artistic lighting and the challenge and skill of photography when everything is so easy... But then it's also nice to get the shot...

~Stone

I know, and I agree - for pure technical quality under low light, digital absolutely spanks film. But I enjoy shooting film, I enjoy the challenges under low light, and I often enjoy the grainy look that film gives me. I'm going to go right on shooting my remaining stock of TMZ, maybe more as long as I can still get it, and the wonderful Delta 3200 in 120. I may try D3200 in 35mm and just switch entirely though. It's a great film that I enjoy in 120 and Ilford deserves our support.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin