Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,297   Online: 832

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Interesting about Acros... Ok Delta 100 it is

I will probably stick to 4x5 sheets, I already have two 6x7 cameras plus my Kodak folders which are 6x8ish and 7x9ish...

Who knows seems like I won't find a 4x5 anytime soon in my price range and my demand for movements in a field camera... Blah... Haha

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's not utterly ridiculous in 4x5 (nothing like Kodak C41!) B&H has Acros for $45.95 for 20 sheets - $2.30 a sheet. Since you say you like Delta 100, it's $32.95 for 20 sheets, $1.65 per sheet, or $104.11 for 100 sheets, $1.04 per sheet. Quite a difference if you buy the big box of Delta, not as bad (but still significantly more) compared to the similar sized box of Delta.

FP4+ is $28.95/25 or $101.18/100
    and TMX is $82.95 for 50 sheets, which is actually still slightly less than the Acros but close enough to being the same price.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I completely agree with everything you said, film has this elegant quality that digital just can't match, except the switching to 35mm in D3200, I've just found there's WAY too much grain when shooting at EI 3200, it's just a mess, 120 it's fine but 135 just doesn't have enough surface area... I like grain, but as stated above, I don't like looking at my images that look like George's paintings haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    TMax 3200 is a gorgeous film. It prints kind of like old Tri-X in its glorious tonality, and the grain looks fantastic in big prints. I am extremely sad to see it go.
    I agree with Thomas, though I've also had great results from D3200 in 120 so I'm not going to write it off in 35mm until I try it.

Here's one from long ago on TMZ that I've always liked, and just uploaded to my Flickr page. This is from 1997. At the time I was active in the Society for Creative Anachronism, a medieval group. This was a night time royal court held at an event our group sponsored, and lit solely by torchlight. I shot this on TMZ at 6400, developed in T-Max developer per the instructions for 12.5k. I was doing color printing too at the time and got an idea so I tried printing this outdoor torch scene on RA4 paper and filtered for this color. It almost looks like a very low light color shot. The grain is certainly there (this is a scan form the 8x10 print - and I made the King and Queen an 11x14 and presented it as a gift at a later court) but I don't think it hurts it at all:

SCACOURT by Roger Cole, on Flickr

I don't remember the exposure for sure but I do recall I was shooting off a tripod with my Vivitar 28-105 Series 1 wide open. It's an f/2.8 lens at 28mm and 3.5 at 105 and this was probably around 35-40mm or so. I THINK it was about 1/8th. Yeah, it was that dim.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

can't resist this one film

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    It's not utterly ridiculous in 4x5 (nothing like Kodak C41!) B&H has Acros for $45.95 for 20 sheets - $2.30 a sheet. Since you say you like Delta 100, it's $32.95 for 20 sheets, $1.65 per sheet, or $104.11 for 100 sheets, $1.04 per sheet. Quite a difference if you buy the big box of Delta, not as bad (but still significantly more) compared to the similar sized box of Delta.

FP4+ is $28.95/25 or $101.18/100
    and TMX is $82.95 for 50 sheets, which is actually still slightly less than the Acros but close enough to being the same price.
    No I meant I don't own a 4x5 field camera... I have 2 packs of 4x5 film and a lens and some backs, but no body... That's what I mean :/

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format

No I meant I don't own a 4x5 field camera... I have 2 packs of 4x5 film and a lens and some backs, but no body... That's what I mean :/

~Stone

I know what you meant. I took it that you wanted one though and would shoot Acros in it when you got it, except for the price, no?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    I know what you meant. I took it that you wanted one though and would shoot Acros in it when you got it, except for the price, no?
    Well yes I think I forgot what I had posted lol

Looks like it will be ilford all the way then, Hp4&D100

Might suck it up Amd buy the 100 pack, after I save of course, the camera is the main issue, I basically hit my limit and funds go dry this time of year till march as work slows :/

Sucks since I'll miss the fuji raise in cost... I think I'll shoot only B&W and Provia...maybe EKTAR? I wish color wasn't so expensive... The chemistry... Thats what holds me back with color films, I have 2 e-6 Amd 2 c-41 just waiting for me... One c-41 kit so want to amass 6-8 rolls before I kill it in one shot. And no E-6... Trying to figure out if 6 bath E-6 is viable for me as I have no experience with it.

Blah blah I digress too much...

~Stone

The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rhmimac View Post
    As I was buying another batch of E6 positive in the ISO100 and 200 range I couldn't resist buying another 2 rolls of expensive provia400X. It's such a lovely thought being able to shoot chromes up to ISO800.

Do you have an film you can't resist buying although you don't really "need" it?
    HP5. I shoot the stuff constantly. Yet while "drawing down" on my existing stash (I picked up a 50 roll pro-pack in September), I picked up another 10 roll brick while in the camera store on Wednesday. Fortunately (?), both my stash and my recent purchase share the same "process before" (January 2014)...maybe I should pick up another brick when I go back by the store again...
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    35mm
    Try the Feeestyle E6 kit. I like it. Also, C41 kits can be had for $20 US. I get 20-30 rolls out of a kit.
    Well yes I think I forgot what I had posted lol

Looks like it will be ilford all the way then, Hp4&D100

Might suck it up Amd buy the 100 pack, after I save of course, the camera is the main issue, I basically hit my limit and funds go dry this time of year till march as work slows :/

Sucks since I'll miss the fuji raise in cost... I think I'll shoot only B&W and Provia...maybe EKTAR? I wish color wasn't so expensive... The chemistry... Thats what holds me back with color films, I have 2 e-6 Amd 2 c-41 just waiting for me... One c-41 kit so want to amass 6-8 rolls before I kill it in one shot. And no E-6... Trying to figure out if 6 bath E-6 is viable for me as I have no experience with it.

Blah blah I digress too much...

~Stone

The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Care to share them???

~Stone

Happy to send you a box if you want. These are the small boxes that contained liquid packets (as opposed to the cooler earlier boxes with little glass bottles).

I don't see how this stuff would still be any good but you're welcome to try it.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    Happy to send you a box if you want. These are the small boxes that contained liquid packets (as opposed to the cooler earlier boxes with little glass bottles).

I don't see how this stuff would still be any good but you're welcome to try it.
    Heck yea!!!! PM sending NOW!

~Stone

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by damonff View Post
    Try the Feeestyle E6 kit. I like it. Also, C41 kits can be had for $20 US. I get 20-30 rolls out of a kit.
    20-30 rolls??? How? I can't get more than 8 with good results.... Talking 120...

~Stone

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin