Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,832   Posts: 1,582,312   Online: 1036

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Not sure why mine lasts so long. I guess it depends what you want, but I usually dump mine before it looks bad to me. AND I microwave the chemicals in brown glass bottles to get them up to temp. I have been warned against this but no problems in 2 years. I do 35, 120, and 220.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    20-30 rolls??? How? I can't get more than 8 with good results.... Talking 120...

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

can't resist this one film

Quote Originally Posted by damonff View Post
    Not sure why mine lasts so long. I guess it depends what you want, but I usually dump mine before it looks bad to me. AND I microwave the chemicals in brown glass bottles to get them up to temp. I have been warned against this but no problems in 2 years. I do 35, 120, and 220.
    Where do you find 220?

Also, that's craziness... You must live in an alternate dimension...

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Where do you find 220?
    Stone:

Try New York : http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...524+4130468173
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    I meant besides portra, I hate portra haha, I have some portra 220 and I've been trying to trade it and no one will take it...

~Stone

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    I find it on ebay. Mostly Velvia. I use the Arista Kits for my E6.
    Where do you find 220?

Also, that's craziness... You must live in an alternate dimension...

~Stone

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by damonff View Post
    I find it on ebay. Mostly Velvia. I use the Arista Kits for my E6.
    I wish the Arista kits were cheaper, E-6 is so ridiculous in price compared to B&W it's pushing me out of the game, I just got a pro pack of provia for Christmas but after I run through that I think I'm done, it's just too expensive... I don't really know why.

~Stone

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It seems E6 holds longer in Europe: I can drop any 135-E6 in my local drugstore and get it back a week later unframed for 2.5€/roll.
    I drop a roll in once and a while to let them know E6 is still alive!

Shooter
    Multi Format

I meant besides portra, I hate portra haha, I have some portra 220 and I've been trying to trade it and no one will take it...

~Stone

Which variety of Portra? I like Portra 400 a lot. 160 is just as good but not better for my purposes and a stop and a third slower.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Which variety of Portra? I like Portra 400 a lot. 160 is just as good but not better for my purposes and a stop and a third slower.
    Portra in general, I don't like C-41 films really, too expensive and to hard to "read" the neg, would rather have E-6 or B&W 220... If E-6 dies I'm probably going fully Digital on the color. I do like Ektar if I'm in a pinch. It's just all too expensive to process...

I haven't shot a LOT of portra but the 400 I shot I found dull and the skin tones grey and blueish... And warning these are not a reflection of "my work" as I was messing around with my new Mamiya 7 at the time when visiting a very pregnant friend, and seeing how slow a shutter I could get hand held in a dark room, this was 1/15 or 1/8 or around there. And just the only example I have on my phone.

Even in those conditions I don't think the colors should have been so dull.

Anyway I just want some damn B&W 220 in maybe a 400ASA? Lol

~Stone

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

That was New Portra 400 ^^^

~Stone

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin