Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,002   Posts: 1,524,413   Online: 976

Shooter
    Medium Format

C-41 Processing Question.

Hey guys,

This may be already addressed but ask anyway. Out of the the 3 steps in C-41.. do you dump chemistry down the sink? Like d-76 in Black and White devleping? Or all steps can be recycled?

ToddB

Shooter
    Medium Format
    you can dump everything down the sink except the fixer.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    After each roll of film? I'm looking at getting the gallon C-41 kit from Freestyle camera and I downloded PDF instructions. However it doesn't address that detail.

ToddB

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    With the amateur kits you re-use baths (within a limited time). After a certain number of runs the processing time is prolonged.
    If the maximum film-capacity of the solution is employed in one run, an intermediate time is chosen.

see for example the Tetenal sheet:
    http://www.tetenal.de/opener1.htm?fi...ges/390137.pdf

So far I did not yet come across a perfect manual text...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've used the Tetenal 1 litre kit and I have processed 12 rolls of film (120 and 35mm) without replenishment or increased development times (assuming no 400 iso films which deplete the chemicals at a higher rate thus reducing the total number of rolls). So, to answer your question, if you have reached the development capacity of your chemicals, you should dispose of them the way you dispose your b&w chemicals. For me, I store my spent solutions in a 5 gal container and every 6 months or so take them to my community for environmentally correct disposal.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    So.. I can reuse them after each roll? How exciting!

ToddB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

C-41 Processing Question.

Yes, reuse them until they exhaust through use or age, whichever comes first. Developer will be the first thing to go; all the others have a much longer reuse life.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin