Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,527   Online: 1010

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    My slides taken in the 1970's faded to nothing. Thank goodness I used Kodachrome mostly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    throw it out. it's likely quite fogged.
    Ditto
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    35mm
    Forget it, best advice is to make flypaper from it.

You can successfully get color neg images using C-41 kit at home, plus manual removal of the anti-halation layer. But no telling how the colors will curve out. I've done it, just for fun.

The problem is, what's next? It is a low contrast film intended to be "printed" onto a high contrast reversal material. Kodak's Vericolor 5022, IIRC, was a low volume film that would do that. Kodak also had a number of different "print" films over the years to make the movies.

Being low contrast, prints never came out very well. I had this done, with slides, for years from Identicolor in North Hollywood. Ditto RGB color, and they would make the "print" slides from any C-41 film very nice.

Maybe you could scan the negs into something usable, but the flypaper advice is still the best.

Bottom line, why bother?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Verizzo View Post
    Bottom line, why bother?
    You folks are right. I'm just going to use it to practice spooling film. (;

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Verizzo View Post
    Forget it, best advice is to make flypaper from it.

You can successfully get color neg images using C-41 kit at home, plus manual removal of the anti-halation layer. But no telling how the colors will curve out. I've done it, just for fun.

The problem is, what's next? It is a low contrast film intended to be "printed" onto a high contrast reversal material. Kodak's Vericolor 5022, IIRC, was a low volume film that would do that. Kodak also had a number of different "print" films over the years to make the movies.

Being low contrast, prints never came out very well. I had this done, with slides, for years from Identicolor in North Hollywood. Ditto RGB color, and they would make the "print" slides from any C-41 film very nice.

Maybe you could scan the negs into something usable, but the flypaper advice is still the best.

Bottom line, why bother?
    If you aren't sure how to spool film on a steel reel, perfect practice material.....
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by wogster View Post
    If you aren't sure how to spool film on a steel reel, perfect practice material.....
    I do it pretty well, but I'd like to practice it so I can reduce the possibility of screwing it up in the future. (;

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Last week I found a couple of rolls I shot in he 70s, from I recall the selling point was to get both negatives and slides from the same roll. Both the slides and the negatives are faded, the prints from the oringial negatives were very gainey and high contrast and starting to fad, looks like they were printed on GAF paper. At any rate I would not bother to shoot and then pay for the addtional process.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin