Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,424   Online: 792

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

What to do with Seattle Film Works (ECN2) stock?

So, I picked up a couple rolls of Seattle Film Works 5247, dated March 1990—from an estate sale. They were only charging 25cents for two, so I figured I couldn't go wrong.

I hear this stock has an anti-halation layer on it that can harm the average C41 machine or working solution. Where can I get this stuff developed, and what would you guys do if you had a couple rolls of this stuff sitting around? (Don't say, "Throw it away!")

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've read that Richard Photo Lab can process movie film, maybe give them an email.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    throw it out. it's likely quite fogged.
    or search ecn2 here and find many threads answering all your questions about movie film in a still camera.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Last edited by brianmquinn; 12-22-2012 at 10:27 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    keyoffight,

Google , short cut movie film. You can buy FRESH movie film for same price today.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Use it to practice loading a spiral, for testing cameras. Or spray it with syrup/treacle and hang it from the ceiling to catch flies...
    testing...

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks. I'll contact them. (:

Shooter
    35mm
    Not likely worth the trouble. Movie film, even properly processed, generally disappoints compared to color films. But if it sounds fun, enjoy the adventure.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    Not likely worth the trouble. Movie film, even properly processed, generally disappoints compared to color films. But if it sounds fun, enjoy the adventure.
    Agreed, don't bother with it, unless you like experimenting, (or keep it as a collectable). I remember this sustem at the time...seemed a great idea to get slides and prints from the same film, but it proved a compromise that didn't do either job well as using the correct film for each purpose.

Kodak in the UK used to offer a service for "Kodacolor transparencies" from colour negs. I still have some of these slides from sets which my Dad did for work purposes, where maybe a dozen of each pic was needed....they are very good when seen on their own, but don't have the sparkle or depth of colour of a reversal film.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by keyofnight View Post
    Thanks. I'll contact them. (:
    Let me know if you're successful at that. They seem to have gone off the grid (or maybe it's just my calls and emails Karl's not returning.)

Duncan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin