Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,699   Posts: 1,549,146   Online: 1132

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    DF

2 Years Ago This Week - Last Of Kodachrome

Can Anyone recall their last day/week with Kodachrome before that "mad rush off" to Dwayne's? This week minus 2years I sprinted to the UPS store to get my 4 rolls in on time. My very last shots were of a billboard here in Chicago of the Beatles in an add for Apple. Time warp. It really felt like a crisis. After that, what lay ahead? How did you fellow filmer's cope?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

I remember, my last day was THE last day (officially) I was there at Dwayne's, great memories... Most if the boxes I had shot plus the last rolls I had no mailed. I actually think I may have gone out to shoot more around the town just because I had another hour before they closed lol.. Anyway Dan was there and I had him sign my shirt, along with Dwayn and his son, and put it all on the counter. I actually think I sold 10 of these shots (including original slides) to some other photog. I was so broke I had to sell film and some promised future slides just to get enough gas to get home and food to eat... I was that broke...

~Stone

The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I remember, my experience wasn't as intense as Stone's, but I spent 20 bucks to express mail my last roll to meet the deadline.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    No rush here, I finished my last roll around October or November and sent it off in good time. My last frame was a green shield bug on a red vine leaf in my garden, which ended up chopped in half.
    testing...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh no, are we going to have another post mortem ?, accept the facts Kodachrome is dead and isn't coming back.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kevs View Post
    My last frame was a green shield bug on a red vine leaf in my garden, which ended up chopped in half.
    Which got chopped in half, the bug, the leaf or the last frame?

Personally, i stopped shooting Kodachrome years ago so it really didn't affect me much... and still doesn't. Sure, its a shame but I miss other things (mostly people) more.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Which got chopped in half, the bug, the leaf or the last frame?
    The frame. I just lost the half without the bug in it. It made a nice contrast with the leaf.
    testing...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Oh no, are we going to have another post mortem ?, accept the facts Kodachrome is dead and isn't coming back.
    It certainly looks that way... *yawn*
    testing...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Of course it's dead, we all accept that, but nothing wrong with a bit of reminiscence about good times.

Although it's a bit scary that it's two years. ; I'm still working through sorting, scanning and printing of the better of the Kodachromes I took in 2009-2010! Lot of fun doing it, though.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    Of course it's dead, we all accept that, but nothing wrong with a bit of reminiscence about good times.

Although it's a bit scary that it's two years. ; I'm still working through sorting, scanning and printing of the better of the Kodachromes I took in 2009-2010! Lot of fun doing it, though.
    Me too, still wondering where the OTHER railway man is... The one I met who bought my 10 slides and bought some of my film, who was there. I have his info somewhere in a box. He also worked for the railroad . Wonder if I have any shots of him... After New Years I will be going scan crazy on my Kodachrome...

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin