Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,902   Posts: 1,521,137   Online: 1065

Shooter
    Multi Format

Replacement for Fuji Pro800z?

Hello All!

I shoot weddings, and I would like to know your opinions about a replacement for Pro800z. I plan on shooting Pro400H throughout the day, but once the sunsets and I'm going to need some faster speed films to capture that last ounce of light. Am I out of luck and am I going to need to shoot Portra 800? I'm not all too thrilled about mixing color stocks. Is 400H pushed to 800 an option? I expose my film by one stop. Shoot 400 speed film and then expose at 200,etc. Any help would be great!

Shooter
    35mm
    Can I guess you shoot 120 film?

Your only option is Portra 800, however, perhaps the new Portra 400 may be worth a stab.

I normally shoot 800 films at 640 and I'm currently experimenting to see if Portra 800 overexposed by 1/3 stop is better or worse than Portra 400 underexposed 1/3 stop. Perhaps that's something you could look at too.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you don't want to move to Kodak, then I guess you have a few options. Is Superia 800 still available? Would Provia 400X pushed be OK? Will 400H push to 800 OK?

Shooter
    35mm
    Well... if you usually overexpose by one stop, then exposing 400H at box speed youd give you the same working speed as 800Z exposed at 400. Would definitely work better than a completely different looking emulsion from another company.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin