Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,968   Posts: 1,558,495   Online: 1092

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    DF

You don't have to "do" anything with your slides. Just keep'um around, like photos, just to have. Use a viewfinder. Mine are in plastic sleeving, that is of course the best ones for viewing. Duplicates I keep stored.
    Thuggins, you're sooooo right about d*&%$@l technology ruining a good slide. I get sad & cringe when I see my Kodachromes through a viewfinder in good light. So sharp & vivid. Then I pear out and see all these dinkheads with their digital cameras. Masses of mediocrity. (If you yourself also use digital cameras, well, then, I don't mean your a dinkhead)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tranny's should be viewed directly with transmitted light. They really come alive, and nothing can compare.

Watching my photos on a 52" HDTV compares very well. The HDTV transmits light much like a light table.

Shooter
    35mm
    I dig my slides out occasionally and view them on a lightbox. I too use a 50mm lens as a loupe, but I also have an inexpensive 15x loupe with which I can "zoom in". Hardly any of my slides are mounted, which makes me reluctant to invest in a projector. Can anyone recommend a slide mount that shows 100% of the image? Does Gepe make a reusable 100% mount?

It blows my mind each time I view slides on the lightbox. It takes me back to the time and place of the photograph; I feel as though I'm standing right there with my camera, and I can remember the sounds and smells, what the weather was like, and what mood I was in.

I have been feeling the urge to print some of my slides, as I've been shooting E6 for several years without any prints to show for it. My first attempt at home internegging was disappointing. I am planning on trying again; next time I'm going to experiment with pre-flashing the negatives. I may get a scanner sometime down the road, but first I'd like to try RA-4 printing from internegs, if I can get them right. Even when and if I'm able to print, I doubt the impact will be the same as viewing the slide directly.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For the most recent slide mount model see here:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum45/1...nt-system.html

To my understanding all GEPE mounts are reusable.

There are two full format 24x36mm mounts by GEPE:
    http://www.gepe.com/website/files/sl...nner_sizes.pdf
    Last edited by AgX; 01-12-2013 at 07:16 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    GEPE are really hard to buy in some places but the guys who make Wess glass mounts will ship anywhere direct from the factory.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    For the most recent slide mount model see here:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum45/1...nt-system.html

To my understanding all GEPE mounts are reusable.

There are two full format 24x36mm mounts by GEPE:
    http://www.gepe.com/website/files/sl...nner_sizes.pdf
    Thanks for the inner size chart! I'd not come across that before.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin