Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,519   Posts: 1,543,775   Online: 875

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I it the same kind of paper? I thought they all ink printed them now...

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nope - the inkjet printers permit you to work entirely in the light, so there is less need for specialized locations and staff.

But the inkjet processes are more expensive to run then moderate volume photographic paper processes, so there is less room for profit in competitive marketplaces.

And Kodak and Fuji continue to improve the photographic paper product regularly.

B & H has over 40 different sizes and types of rolls of colour photographic paper - in Kodak alone.

And there are a lot of other options in Fuji and other brands as well.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Not even close - the busiest labs I know are printing digital files on colour paper.
    nvm

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I don't mean to make anyone jealous but I have 73 rolls of 120 astia in the freezer just itching to be shot......

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin