Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,951   Posts: 1,557,956   Online: 1002

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Polygot,

Thank you. Please explain first two points you made for me.... You said "the mixed developer keeps for ages" then said "concentrate doesn't keep at all" You mean once diluted, the devleloper keeps LONGER? That seem backwards.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Just the opposite. Once it's mixed, you need to use it soon.

Shooter
    35mm
    This is not an attempt to start a fight but what do others have to say about success or otherwise of Fuji paper being processed at room temp? Do all your experiences match polyglot? It may be that Fuji does not work at room temp. I don't know as I too used some old sheets of Kodak but it is important given that Fuji is the only paper obtainable in sheets and unless you want to buy rolls and cut your own then newcomers to RA4 might have to consider buying a heat controlled Nova or Jobo.

OK tray processing at 35C is not impossible but it is not something I'd want to do without heated platforms for the trays and if this is necessary then you might as well spend money on a more convenient system such as a Jobo or Nova

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    More confusion....

Looking at Kodak J-39 publication, it seems Kodak makes/made two different kind of RA chemicals. One that becomes Developer and Bleach-Fix and another that becomes Developer Replenisher RT and Bleach-Fix Replenisher. I can tell these are different chemicals because mixing instructions are different. Later also involves a starter.

Looking at Adorama and B&H, it appears the latter is the only available choice. I can buy them in 10 liter bundles.
    http://www.adorama.com/KKRABFR10L.html
    http://www.adorama.com/KKRADRRT.html

I will likely use these as one shot, not replenish.

Am I assuming correctly that I CAN use these for one shot? What about starter? Do I need to add starter every time?
    http://www.adorama.com/KKRADS.html

At this point, I'm thinking I'll either do tray or tube processing. (unless I go completely NUTS and buy a mini-lab... kidding!)

I'm quite confused.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I process Fuji in a drum with Kodak RT at 83 degrees F. It looks identical to prints run at 95 degrees F. So do the Fuji process control strips.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

RPC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have processed Fuji CA in trays at room temperature with Kodak RA-RT and is a very close match to Endura paper.

Despite what Kodak or anyone says, the mixed RA-RT replenisher stored in air-tight, glass bottles filled to the top lasts YEARS. I know this from experience and despite the fact that I and others have posted similar findings before many times on this forum, the myths persists that it has a short life. Such persistant myths seem to be a deterring force in keeping people from trying color printing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Huh?

I don't get it but if something I wrote annoyed someone, I apologize.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's good to know that chems last longer than what the manufacturer says. On B&W side, I've noticed fixer lasts and lasts although manufacture typically says 2 months. Still good to know it's actually much better than that. I'm THIS close (holding fingers about 1/2" apart) to pulling a trigger and trying this myself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    Huh?

I don't get it but if something I wrote annoyed someone, I apologize.
    I would not worry about it if I was you. I think that someone is just having a bad decade!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    Polygot,

Thank you. Please explain first two points you made for me.... You said "the mixed developer keeps for ages" then said "concentrate doesn't keep at all" You mean once diluted, the devleloper keeps LONGER? That seem backwards.
    My experience with Kodak RA4 dev: unopened bottles of concentrate go bad in around 2 years, mixed developer in plastic pop bottles squeezed to get out all the air is still good after 18 months.

When our baby boy was born I didn't get into the darkroom for a good 18 months. When I did my unopened dev concentrate was bad, however stuff I'd mixed up 18 months prior was good.
    Steve.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin