Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,500   Posts: 1,543,288   Online: 946

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Kodask Flexicolor C41RA Bleach Replenisher

I made an impulse purchase of 20L of Kodak Flexicolor C41RA bleach, hoping I could use it as C41 bleach for small tank developing. Does anyone know if this would be successful, and if so, whether I would need a bleach starter or would the replenisher work on its own? It sees the right color and has the right sounding ingredients!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    oops forgive my typing - "Kodask" should be "Kodak"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm surprised nobody replied. I use C41RA all the time in Jobo and Sidekick. It works fine. No need to a starter.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    anikin, thanks for the reply. It's funny, but just today I received some bleach starter. It wasn't very expensive. It's good to know I don't need it. It's also good to know it's cheap, so I might as well use up the bottle I just acquired.

I'll be using the c41RA bleach in a standard single-reel developing tank. Do you think the published times will be sufficient or should I bleach for a bit longer?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I bleach for full 6:30. Bleach runs to completion, and I'm usually not much in a hurry when processing my own film,
    I just prefer to be sure I got all the silver out.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Good point. And how many 36 exp 35mm films do you feel a liter of this bleach will handle?

Shooter
    Multi Format

Kodask Flexicolor C41RA Bleach Replenisher

Quote Originally Posted by newcan1 View Post
    Good point. And how many 36 exp 35mm films do you feel a liter of this bleach will handle?
    Oh, quite a bit. You need to read the Kodak's docs for exact number. After processing couple of rolls, I just dump about 50-100 ml and replace with fresh replenisher. And i think i am being a bit wasteful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Newcan,
    can you reveal where you got the stuff and how much shipping ran you approx?

Appreciate any insight.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi Bruce: I bought on Ebay - 2 boxes of 10L each (2x5 per box) - just over $100 delivered. I have no idea if that is a good price, but it seemed so at the time. Of the total, the shipping was over $20. Hope this helps.

And thanks again anikin - this is very helpful.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you for the update newcan.
    I appreciate it.

20 bux for a bleach/hazmat is a gift really. especially considering the liquid etc.

As you know, bleach can be an iffy proposition so its good to get when the gettins' good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin