Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,166   Online: 1068

Shooter
    35mm

Freshest BW400CN expiration date - 35mm

Anyone see any 35mm BW400CN expiration later than 6/2013? Love this film, hope the 35mm has not been silently axed too....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In the last couple of months I've bought some single rolls that a couple of Kroger supermarkets near me have had in their clearance bins. Their expirations are all 6/2014. I haven't looked for any new stock lately.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    As far as I know from press releases etc. BW400CN remains a current product in 35mm, but no other sizes are available.

Give Ilford XP2 a go, I've used both and can barely tell the difference.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To remain current... isn't that a contradiction?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The difference between XP2 Super and BW400CN is that the Kodak claims to more easily make more neutral prints when printed on RA4 paper on color printing machines. For home printing I've used XP2 and love it. If they made it in 4x5 I just might standardize on it as my main black and white film and lay in a stock of C41 chemicals.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I hope you are right that the CN is still available in 135. I just took a roll of it in 120 -- just gorgeous; no grain whatsoever.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin