Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,154   Online: 1085

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is still listed by that distributor (on their German language site).

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The issue with Ilford is that the marketing of their halide products is erratic at its best.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Stephen, care to share some more details on this reversal process you're doing with Ilfoflex?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wonder if some distributor here in Europe would be interested in buying Ilfoflex and cutting it to sheets. That would be great, because I have had some success with reversal RA-4 and the qualities Ilfoflex have might be just the thing needed to achieve better prints.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Perhaps we should ask Nordfoto in Germany. Anyone else interested?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Still hoping someone might chime in with news on actual existing stock of Ilfoflex paper anywhere in Europe other than Ilford factory...

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    At their website Ilford name 5 European dealers for Ilfocolor.
    Can one conclude from your post you phoned them all and they stated not to stock it any longer?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Scan (or have scanned) and print ink jet or ligtjet. Much as I hate to admit it, sometimes the good fight just isn't worth it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well, finally found Ilfoflex. 76cmx50m roll costs 658 EUR plus 21% VAT. Pretty expensive, but I'll give it a go this Summer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have tried reversal processing RA-4 paper, using a FD mix it yourself ( and in this case let stand for a few days too) recipe Ron Mowery gave me.

Then after the FD, rinse, optically fog, and feed into my rollewr processor like an ordinary print.

The process works, but getting the colours and contrast right has not beemn good enough to call this process viable.

I have a few hunderd feet of Fuji IT-N, and a an illumitran duper for copying 35mm slides.

For 120, and 4x5 transparencies I flip a spare Omega 4x5 dichroic head under an old Polariod copy camera and reduce the slide to a 35mm interneg by long exposures of balanced light while the room is otherwise blacked out.

It has to be an image I really want to see. The process is a hassle.
    my real name, imagine that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin