Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,545,988   Online: 992

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Positive to Positive prining, color

Does anyone know of a positive to positive method of printing color slides. I am getting desparate as Ilfochrome is completely gone. I wish someone would at least make some chemicals. I have a ton of paper. Thanks in advance for any ideas. Don

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Aside of using Ilfochrome, the latest late material for positive-positive printing, the more classic way would be that of using a inter-negative.
    However all designated inter-negative films, are gone too. There is one cine-internegative film left, but that will be off the market soon too.

Third way would be to reverse-process RA-4 paper.
    Last edited by AgX; 01-17-2013 at 10:08 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Been doing internegatives on tungsten film for a while now. It works extremely well. You do need to overexpose and then underdevelop to tame contrast, and sometimes add a bit Y filtration for some very cold Velvia shots, but generally the biggest worry is dust. I'm using grounded metal Hama contact printing frame, anti-static wipes and a dichroic 200W-bulb enlarger. Get a good supply of same-type and preferably also same-batch tungsten film, test it thorougly and you're in business. Mine is Kodak 100T.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All long exposure films have gone too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lightwisps View Post
    Does anyone know of a positive to positive method of printing color slides. I am getting desparate as Ilfochrome is completely gone. I wish someone would at least make some chemicals. I have a ton of paper. Thanks in advance for any ideas. Don
    Do you mean you have a ton of Ilfochrome paper? The Ilfochrome chemicals are still easily available.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Whereas those chemistries are not even listed at Ilford any more, their german importer for instance has them deliberately still listed for the next months to serve those who still have stock of paper.
    It seems the situation is different for Canada.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A while back, PE reported decent results by reversal processing Kodak Endura paper. Use D-72 as a first developer, rinse well, re-expose, and process as for RA-4. I know this does not work using Fuji Crystal Archive.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nworth View Post
    A while back, PE reported decent results by reversal processing Kodak Endura paper. Use D-72 as a first developer, rinse well, re-expose, and process as for RA-4. I know this does not work using Fuji Crystal Archive.
    Strange, it worked for me with Crystal Archive (FG, not Type II). The first developer wasn't D-72, though, but a mixture of Ilford PQ and D-76. Tried it with Ultra Endura F and N as well, and those looked a bit better to my eyes. Crystal Archive had warmer, almost brownish shadows. Velvia on Endura was pretty cold in tones. Contrast is far too high, even with Sensia. Still have to try it with Astia and CDU-II, thouse could work better. Not sure if added sodium sulphite could help with contrast, there's a lengthy thread here on APUG on reversal RA-4, it's worth digging through it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ilfoflex when processed via RA-4 reversal is the most promising pos to pos process i have tested, So much so that this year I am looking into converting my Ilfochrome processor to an ilfoflex reversal machine. The great advantage over the process compared to Ilfochrome is better contrast control via manipulation of the first developer.
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Stephen, is this manipulation specific to Ilfoflex (not easily available!) or could it work with Crystal Archive, be it Type I or II? I'm still interested in this process. Could you provide more detailed information?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin