Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,228   Online: 759

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mts View Post
    Are the bands aligned (approximately) with sprocket holes? If so, then the effect is likely to have an origin in agitation during development.
    Thanks, but this was medium format film - no sprockets.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've just run a second 220 roll (taken in the same outing) through the Jobo. I checked orientation of the processor (level) and used the higher speed rotation throughout. The chemicals are from the same batch as the prior roll (one shot, but Kodak's developer is designed for 2L mix). So, sometime tomorrow I will scan and post the results. Thanks!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    If the scanner brings out abnormalities, then the problem is in the film. Does that make sense to anyone?

PE
    No. The negative can be flawless, but if the bulb or sensor have even the slightest abnormality, it will affect the scan, just like a scratch on the condenser bottom glass.

Once again OP - can you see this issue on the negative with your own eyes?

What scanner are you using?
    Is the scan you uploaded earlier modified in any way?

Try scanning any other underexposed negative you have which has previously seemed to be OK to you, and see what you get.
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tnabbott View Post
    I've just run a second 220 roll (taken in the same outing) through the Jobo. I checked orientation of the processor (level) and used the higher speed rotation throughout. The chemicals are from the same batch as the prior roll (one shot, but Kodak's developer is designed for 2L mix). So, sometime tomorrow I will scan and post the results. Thanks!
    Attached is a scan from this morning of a frame from the second 220 roll. I used the higher speed rotation throughout.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Test 2.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks good on my monitor.

PE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin