Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,641   Online: 730

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: C-41 Stain

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Those of you that have added a stop bath step to the process, are you adding rinse between the developer and the stop? My inclination is to add a short rinse only to get rid of any developer in the drum( on a JOBO). Any harm other than adding a minute to the process time?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That minute of rinse at 100F can allow a lot of uneven development to take place.

The normal is Develop, bleach - .

Use a Develop, Stop, rinse if you wish or a Develop, stop, bleach, but do not do a Develop, rinse,

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Mintz View Post
    Those of you that have added a stop bath step to the process, are you adding rinse between the developer and the stop? My inclination is to add a short rinse only to get rid of any developer in the drum( on a JOBO). Any harm other than adding a minute to the process time?
    Chuck: I use the stop bath immediately after CD for 1.5 minutes, then a 30 sec wash, then on to bleach per instructions. I have not tried your suggestion, but the though that comes to mind is that using a wash between CD and stop bath risks further development. My negatives have been coming out very consistent and very since I added the stop bath to my process. I forgot about slide film for a couple of weeks!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Don't rinse after develop. It can cause problems. I was happy developing develop->rinse->bleach at one place I lived at, my negs were great, so I never noticed problems. I moved states, and all my negs were terrible, I spent ages doing many test rolls, remixing each solution from scratch, until I decided to use a stop bath and inspect the develop negs out in the light after dev step, then found that after I did that and finished the process they were great.. it was my water rinse that was wrecking it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin