Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,125   Online: 862

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Apugabug View Post
    ..... it seems that the only consistent trouble is around 135 C-41 processing. Which is still sad.
    thats because it is the only film they process in-house, everything else is sent to dwaynes in kansas.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ME Super View Post
    I fail to see how this saves transportation costs since the same courier that picks up the film can also drop off the negatives. Unless of course they're not using their own couriers, but using a shipping company like UPS. This also sounds like a "Wal-Mart cutting corners" not a Fuji cutting corners because IIRC, Meijers (which also uses Fuji) has no sign out about negatives not being returned.

I shoot E-6 primarily, and when Wal-Mart stopped returning negatives, I decided I could no longer trust them to return my slides. I would be very upset if I shot slide film and ended up with scans and prints but no slides. Fortunately a camera store opened not far from where I work and they now get all my E-6, and they do B&W too. In half the time as Wal-Mart/Fuji.
    E6 and BW (120/135) and 120 C41 will be returned. I've sent through Walmart and got them back several times in the past several weeks.

It's only 135 C41 films that will not be returned. Your slides will come back safely

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i just got off the phone with someone at fujilabs ...
    the plant in greenwood processes the drop off film for
    nearly the whole country ... there isn't a courier that picks up / drops off
    the film any more, it is done via fed ex.
    the person i spoke with said that if you live near a RITE AID pharmacy they
    will return your negatives, wallmart, samsclub &c won't. she also said
    that as of feb 1 2013 they will no longer have a 120 service.
    35mm E6 will still be processed through dwaynes, and slides will be returned
    it is just C41 that they discard the negatives, and upload --- >>print+burn cd's
    at the store-location.

she also said they ( fuji ) does not have a process only service and that you could
    refuse the prints at the store when you pick up the prints + negatives ( rite aid ) ...

sounds like it is almost time to buy a few press kits and process film oneself,
    use a local processor, send out to dwaynes, or wherever you want, to bypass fuji altogether.
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    ... the person i spoke with said that if you live near a RITE AID pharmacy they
    will return your negatives, wallmart, samsclub &c won't.
    Did you explore this further... is this Fuji decision or the retailers decision? I'd bet that it is a retailer choice.

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm just not moved by any of this. They fully disclose that they will not return your negatives. So don't use them! If they informed you after the fact, yes, that would be bad. But they don't. In fact, it sounds like they're very upfront about it.

Target and Costco still process 35mm and do return the negatives. And they're priced comparably.

This throwaway service strikes me as one for casual shooters who use disposable cameras or have never "upgraded" to digital. They're just as happy to receive digital prints and/or files.

I don't like the idea of negatives going in the garbage either. But they're not my negatives, and they don't have to be yours.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Did you explore this further... is this Fuji decision or the retailers decision? I'd bet that it is a retailer choice.

it was a mutual decision ...
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    she also said
    that as of feb 1 2013 they will no longer have a 120 service.
    jnanian: Thank you for the info! Which number do you use to contact Fujilab?
    (This news is bad for me. I need to find alternatives for my 120 films.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

C-41 120 Processing at Walmart Jan 2013

Our local Target and Costco no longer process film. A few Walgreens here still do; some don't.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i put on special instructions not to mount my E-6. they came back mounted and a note saying that all E-6 will be mounted and returned with no other options available. For the price its still a lot cheaper than almost all the local options. i have the chems to do it at home but feel like i need to stockpile a few more roles before I mix up a small batch to make sure the developer stays fresh.

all in all I'm happy with the walmart send out E-6 experience I've had

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by philosli View Post
    jnanian: Thank you for the info! Which number do you use to contact Fujilab?
    (This news is bad for me. I need to find alternatives for my 120 films.)
    hi
    http://www.fujifilmusa.com/support/S...prodcat=233844
    ... you can call fuji at 18009374646
    or contact dwaynes directly ...
    http://www.dwaynesphoto.com

yeah, i was kind of bummed about letting go the 120 ..
    they have done nearly all my e6 + c41 for 10 years ...

... i guess we're living in "now" ...
    PM me for details

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin