Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,053   Posts: 1,561,225   Online: 1097

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just saw this! does that mean walmart will not longer than 120? I just brought a medium format camera and I was hoping that walmart will fullfill my processing needs!

Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    she also said
    that as of feb 1 2013 they will no longer have a 120 service.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK

i called again today, because i asked to speak with a supervisor &c yesterday. she was in a meeting today / not available but the person i spoke with today
    told me something different than the people told me yesterday ...

she said that as of feb 1 they will no longer be accepting / processing 126 + disk film, BUT 120 film will still be processed through dwaynes .

which mean:

120 ( b/w. E5/ c41 ) film processed + printed, negatives / chromes returned

35mm ( E6, b/w ) still processed and printed, negatives / chromes returned

35mm ( c-41 ) still processed and printed, negatives are returned only through RITE AID

she was sorry for the confusion the other people might have caused.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    OK
    she said that as of feb 1 they will no longer be accepting / processing 126 + disk film, BUT 120 film will still be processed through dwaynes .

which mean:

120 ( b/w. E5/ c41 ) film processed + printed, negatives / chromes returned

35mm ( E6, b/w ) still processed and printed, negatives / chromes returned

35mm ( c-41 ) still processed and printed, negatives are returned only through RITE AID
    jnanian: Thank you so much for the inquiry! This relieves a lot of worry from me (And I think you mean "E6" for 120, not "E5"...right?)

(I'll send a roll of 120 E6 some time next week. And I'll update when I get it back....one form or another)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by desertratt View Post
    Getting 120 or 35mm film developed at WalMart is like getting a cup of Joe at a neighborhood hash house.
    I like when people post about services they have obviously never used. It's cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Apugabug View Post
    Curious if an others have had similar experience they would share.
    If you use the search box in the upper left hand corner you will discover numerous people have utilized the service and reported their findings over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by henry finley View Post
    Boy, shooting film is getting brutal. I hate this. It's just a crying shame. That's all I've got to say on the matter. It's just a shame and a disgrace that things have come to this.
    You realize you posted this in a thread where the OP says you can get 120 C-41 processing for $0.84. I can confirm the price is the same for a 220 roll. What price point would you like? Free? Maybe they pay you?

The 35mm C-41 service at Walmart is dead to me but that really was the minority of what I shot. Besides I can get 35mm C-41 done in less than 30 minutes at Sam's Club for $1.50. I really can't complain considering there was no time in the history of photography when people could get 220 C-41 developed for less than a dollar. That is not something to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by destroya View Post
    i put on special instructions not to mount my E-6. they came back mounted and a note saying that all E-6 will be mounted and returned with no other options available.
    120/220 E-6 is not mounted or even cut.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    About two years ago, I processed several C41 rolls through Wal-Mart. It was impressivly cheap, and the prints appear optically printed.

I was pleasantly surprised. These prints are actually pretty good for proofs.

I quit using them though when I saw my negatives coming back with a staple in the end of each roll. It caused marring of whatever negative happened to be next to it in the sleeve. I haven't used them since.

Still, it is head and shoulders better for proof prints than anything I have locally.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by chance View Post
    About two years ago, I processed several C41 rolls through Wal-Mart. It was impressivly cheap, and the prints appear optically printed.

I was pleasantly surprised. These prints are actually pretty good for proofs.
    Just a quick update regarding the proofs. Currently they are not optical proofs and they are terrible. The 6x4 prints that I received from 6x4.5cm Portra 160 looked awful. They did not show the resolution or tonality of the film. The proofs are just so you can get an idea of what the image on the film looks like. Even with a budget scanner like the Epson V500 you will get better results. I personally like getting the proofs because then I only scan in a handful of images, but don't judge the quality of your negatives based solely on the current proofs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin