Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,710   Posts: 1,482,932   Online: 1019

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    FWIW, a few weeks ago I received my order of C-41 LORR "LU" developer/replenisher 5 liter size and the box says "Made in China," "Kodak (Wuxi) Limted." I also ordered RA-4 RA/RT and that still says Made in USA, Kodak etc. However all of the C-41 related stuff I got (fixer, final rinse) has this Made in China, Kodak (Wuxi) Limited. Everything was ordered from Unique Photo in NJ and dates on all the boxes and bottles are current.

I'll have to check the exact wording on the box since I am at work right now. So maybe Champion is no longer the only vendor or the whole operation is moving overseas.

BTW, anyone know what the "LU" designation is? "Low Use" maybe?

Kodak is making diaper wipes now?
    Well, they are looking for new markets, right?

-- Jason
    All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

Shooter
    35mm
    The most recent Kodak RA4 stuff I've ordered was made in China. Prior to that it was made in France.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Henry;

Environmental laws and taxes take a big toll on EK, and actually caused them to reformulate almost ll films and papers starting in the mid '60s. In fact, this is the root of C41, E6 and RA4.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Henry;

You are too new to know the back story. I suggest that you look it up.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by henry finley View Post
    It is not my desire to have this come off as a political rant....
    Coulda fooled me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Environmental regulations didn't do Kodak in. Poor management did.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Henry;

The Kodak facility here has over 100 years of environmental burden, most of it from an era when we poured bad chemistry out the window (so to speak). Kodak cannot quit the site without a huge cleanup before they go, or they pass the burden on to new owners.

Then, there is the cost of moving machines that are calibrated in microns and embedded in special mounts to prevent vibration. Moving these to a new and environmentally controlled facility would have to be paid back by the market which is uncertain to say the least.

And this brings up the real problem. Bad management. Perez was determined to get into the home printer market. He could not compete against his former company, HP. In fact, their current industrial printers are the favorites of many printing concerns, but if they don't fix the dye set, they may fail there too.

Their current dye set is quite poor and has a Metameric shift. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metamerism_%28color%29)

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Henry, while I appreciate your comments, I think everyone here has something of value to add to APUG. Don't undrrate your experinece nor overrate mine.

Best wishes.

PE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin