Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,622   Online: 1007

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

What should i do with my Kodachrome?

Ive got 5 rolls of K64 24exp in my freezer, awaiting for the time when it can be processed.
    I understand its a complicated process and highly skilled requiring great knowledge of the chemistry and developing times etc.
    As a few are well aware, Steve Frizza has successfully managed to process it, while its probably not the same exact shape or form as K-14, the results appear somewhat accurate.
    The question is, will someone jump on board and set up a lab to process this, even if its only 1 run per year?
    I understand and respect Steve's reasoning for not wanting to provide such a service.
    What i would like to see though, even if just for informational purposes, is to document and share this information on the process.
    Perhaps someone else with the dedication would be able to continue the work from steve?

All i know is this film sells so easy on ebay, i got rid of mine on Ebay, keeping 5 rolls for myself, if its not worth keeping, i may sell it, but for the crazy prices people are bidding on the stuff, i can only assume some people are dead serious about shooting this film someday.

I would like the opportunity to be able to shoot this film if possible, since ive never had the opportunity to do so, i just wish i got into film photography earlier, as ive almost missed the boat on E6 as it is and am shooting my stockpile of ektachrome at the moment, im happy with the results im getting if nothing else.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If I were you, I would start an auction on eBay for 2 rolls at a time, then a final auction for the last roll.

Then I would buy some E6 or some other film for the profit. (most likely you'll earn a good lump of money)
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've seen people having trouble selling the stuff on ebay.Look at the completed listings.There's a sucker born every minute though.I hate to be a wet blanket,but I can't see anyone going to the trouble to develop it commercially again.Someone on this forum,I think he's in Australia,is trying to figure out how to develop it.(Maybe this was a dream I had!)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan W View Post
    Someone on this forum,I think he's in Australia,is trying to figure out how to develop it.(Maybe this was a dream I had!)
    He has already done it - as was stated in the opening post.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tout passe, tout lasse, tout casse.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sell one as NOS, rare, mint-condition, in original packaging, discontinued film.

Expose two and sell as "found in the bottom of a camera bag once owned by a Sports Illustrated photographer known to have shot Super Bowls. Very rare.

Expose two and sell as "found in the bottom of a camera bag once owned by a Playboy photographer known to have shot center-folds. Extremely rare.

Shooter
    Multi Format

What should i do with my Kodachrome?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Sell one as NOS, rare, mint-condition, in original packaging, discontinued film.

Expose two and sell as "found in the bottom of a camera bag once owned by a Sports Illustrated photographer known to have shot Super Bowls. Very rare.

Expose two and sell as "found in the bottom of a camera bag once owned by a Playboy photographer known to have shot center-folds. Extremely rare.
    Keeping in mind that it can still be developed as a B&W film, this could be considered fraud, unless of course the OP has worked for SI and PB. :wink:

In the meantime sell the film, all except one as a souvenir. The only way commercial processing of Kodachrome is coming back, is if commercial production comes back. What's left is a fraction of what was normally in the pipeline, and aging every day.

I wish it were another way... It just is what it is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sell it to Alex Webb.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    He has already done it - as was stated in the opening post.

Steve.
    Sorry,I didn't recognize "Frizza" as being a typically Australian name.

Shooter
    35mm
    i may sell the rest, but i want to shoot a roll if someone gets some processing underway, in the meantime i want to get all this information put together on my kodachrome Wiki.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin