Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,469   Posts: 1,570,903   Online: 950

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I know a lot of people who love it but i dont care for it. Buy it all and if you dont like it sell it on here.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi,

Thank you for your comments : ) !!!

I am on my way to the store !!!

I am in Europe at the moment. The
    conversion was from €uros to USD.
    It is a small store. It has some twenty
    five to thirty rolls of film left! I may
    buy ten. I am a student and for me
    buying more than ten perhaps is a lot.

I understand that the film acts great
    as a landscape film. Would it also act
    well for portraiture under studio lights.
    I'll be taking a course with studio lights.

I just hope the film has not expired!

Kind regards,

igmolinav : ) !!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bvy View Post
    I'd be buying and not typing.
    +1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's seems to be the DM chain in Germany that has recently been selling fresh (05.2014) Ektar for €2.15. Rumors are they want to get rid of their stock.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Run, don't walk. Buy them all.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

RPC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by igmolinav View Post
    I understand that the film acts great as a landscape film. Would it also act well for portraiture under studio lights.
    The film's color palette, contrast and saturation level is generally not suitable for portraits. It is not designed to reproduce skin tones accurately like the Portra films are. Yes, it is good for landscapes.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi,

It's seems to be the DM chain in Germany that has recently been selling fresh (05.2014) Ektar for €2.15. Rumors are they want to get rid of their stock.
    I haven't gone to the photo store yet, but do you think there is something wrong with the film, as to have two different stores selling it for the same price?

Not very good for portrait because it's hard to get good skin tone with Ektar. I found it's very sensitive to the color of the light so in shade and in the open need different white balance. However I like it because it's very fine grain.
    And with studio lighting?

Kind regards,

igmolinav : ) !!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I expect that it's because they have decided they don't want to or can't sell film any more. There's unlikely to be anything wrong with it so long as it's in date.

I would grab as much as I could afford. You can always sell it here or on eBay if you don;t like it or don;t want to use it. I'd certainly take 10 rolls at that price, even with postage to the UK (which can;t be more than 5 or 10 EUR) it would be a bargain

Shooter
    35mm
    **Sorry, the post was delayed and I repeated myself with the studio lighting question

I'll keep you guys posted!

Shooter
    35mm
    At that price, get all you can, keep the rolls you can afford, sell the rest!
    http://street-photos.net/ | http://felinik.com/ | http://www.facebook.com/jf.felinik

"The one with the most stuff when he dies wins"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin