Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,654   Posts: 1,481,341   Online: 1042

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good deal! I would have bought atleast a 10 pack brick on the spot, and I'm a guy that doesnt really shoot color haha. Ektar 100 and Fuji Reala are probably my favorites for mid speed color neg 120. I liked it much better than the Portra 160 VC when it was still around. I still have a few roll of Ektar 25 that I have been finishing off, and the results from it are still amazing.

Shooter
    35mm
    Not mine but it is what I would consider as exceptional portrait using Kodak Ektar 100 -> Lily face
    Password is "lily"

Of course it would take the perfect skin of a child to withstand the high resolving power and sharpness of Kodak Ektar.

I wish I could buy all that stock. Kodak Ektar 100 has not been on the market for very long so it wouldn't matter expired or not.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Right, that's what I meant, in shorthand, for MP 100D. And I got the feeling after kodachrome 25 was discontinued that the rest would go, so about then I started shooting as much of the rest as I could. Polaroid too (which I never really did much of, but some, while I could). I feel that way about all film now, esp. the last couple years; it's all too fast to keep up with now. Maybe not B/W (yet), but I'm not going to take any chances... Kodak has a fairly heavy recent history of telling us not to worry, there's XX--- film you can use instead, then discontinuing that too. So we'll see, but ask me in 3 or 5 years...

Robert J. Liebermann
    photos: http://rjl.us/photo
    Eureka Alaska/Vermillion Michigan USA

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi,

Thank you again for your messages : ) !!!

You may want to "booooh" me. I only
    managed to get two rolls!

May be at another store I can get some!

Kind regards,

igmolinav : ) !!!

Shooter
    35mm
    We won't booooh you unless you don't disclose the stores info particularly if they accept credit card/paypal and are willing to ship!

Quote Originally Posted by igmolinav View Post
    I am in Europe at the moment. The conversion was from €uros to USD. It is a small store. It has some twenty five to thirty rolls of film left!
    There should be 23 - 28 rolls left so please send me a private message of their contact info before disclosing it here . . .

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi,

We won't booooh you unless you don't disclose the stores info particularly if they accept credit card/paypal and are willing to ship!There should be 23 - 28 rolls left so please send me a private message of their contact info before disclosing it here . . .
    Ha, ha, ha, : ) !!! The small photo business I bought the two rolls from, may have have had a pay pal option. I haven't asked them yet if they do pay pal. The other store, a drug store, has been selling the film as well. They don't use pay pal I am afraid. I have been to some of their stores and the shelves where Ektar was were empty. A saleswoman even removed the label from the shelf when I asked her about the film. She said it may not be restocked again!

I keep you updated, kind regards,

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi,

We won't booooh you unless you don't disclose the stores info particularly if they accept credit card/paypal and are willing to ship!There should be 23 - 28 rolls left so please send me a private message of their contact info before disclosing it here . . .
    Ha, ha, ha, : ) !!! The small photo business I bought the two rolls from, may have have had a pay pal option. I haven't asked them yet if they do pay pal. The other store, a drug store, has been selling the film as well. They don't use pay pal I am afraid. I have been to some of their stores and the shelves where Ektar was were empty. A saleswoman even removed the label from the shelf when I asked her about the film. She said it may not be restocked again!

I keep you updated, kind regards,

Shooter
    35mm

Ektar Colour neg

If there is anyone out there looking for an alternate source for Ektar 35mm, 120 and 4x5 go to www.morco.uk.com which is a company in UK and they have it all at quite reasonable prices too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    It's a very nice landscape film, and would be OK for portraiture in subdued light. The contrast and saturation are relatively high compared to most color neg films. In overcast situations it's important to
    use a warming filter like an 81A. It's not artificially warmed like traditional color neg portrait films.
    Shadows under a deep blue sky will actually look blue (because they are!) - so you would need to filter
    for this kind of situation too. You need to do this when the film is exposed. There is only so much post-
    correction you can do (don't believe everything the Fauxtoshop geeks tell you!).
    It's easy.
    After scanning:
    You just clip the shadow part of the blue and green channels with a curves adjustment and voila, neutral shadows.
    (You can see the color-cast if you have a small "hill" on the blue and/or green channels shadow area and none on the red channel, clipping the blue and green, will rid you of the color cast.

Simple, fast and easy.

Sorry, the above is maybe DPUG-material, but I couldn't help myself.
    Last edited by Helinophoto; 02-11-2013 at 05:20 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why not use a 81A filter to begin with?
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin