Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,662   Online: 881

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    You are only partially correct about this "clipping" business. Yes, you can shift the color temperature in
    the shadows to warmer, but what you cannot do is isolate cross-contamination between the color layers
    if the film has in fact underexposed them in the sense of overlapping the respective dye curves - once it
    has occurred during actual exposure. You might improve things, but are not squarely addressing the
    problem. Filtering in the first place is a better solution, though not itself always perfect. You not only
    risk blue in the shadows, but a degree of mud. Most folks ignore this because they are just used to muddly color negs or artificially warmed shadows. But Ektar can be tamed to a degree if you understand it, and this involves correct exposure. Not that it isn't an issue with other films, but like I
    said, people just get used to exposure errors and blame the film, pick another one, blah,blah. ... or worse, imagine they can correct anything afterwards. Well, I watched some poor dude spotting out a
    silhouette of a mosquito on the sky of one of Ansel Adams's Mt Denali prints. I could be done - but it
    would have been a helluva lot easier to chase the mosquito out of the bellows to begin with!

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi,

Thank you again for your posts : ) !!!

Kind regards,

igmolinav

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I agree with all those above....I've been very happy with ektar ... Really nice colors. Go for it.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Buy it or lose it.

Sooner would be better.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi,

I'll do my best to find some. In the city I live in there is no more!

Kind regards,

igmolinav : ) !!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin