Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,545,002   Online: 745

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by madgardener View Post
    Just to satisfy my morbid curiosity, the prewet is the optional presoak with water?
    That's correct. Its appeal is that one gets the whole tank up to correct temperature very quickly, that one washes out all kinds of (no longer needed) dyes without getting them into the developer, and that one gets the gelatin uniformly wet before the developer enters the stage.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And therefore, not optional IMHO.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Sounds like this could help fix some of my C-41 problems. I have just about given up on the process.

Shooter
    35mm
    Do you have wine bags in boxes in China? If so drink a few of them, clean them and re-use. I haven't tried C41 chemicals in them but trad B&W keeps very well. No oxygen gets in and better than that you can dispense the chemicals and the bag just collapses with no opening and closing as per bottles be they plastic or glass

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Do you have wine bags in boxes in China? If so drink a few of them, clean them and re-use. I haven't tried C41 chemicals in them but trad B&W keeps very well. No oxygen gets in and better than that you can dispense the chemicals and the bag just collapses with no opening and closing as per bottles be they plastic or glass

pentaxuser
    Great idea, Pentaxuser, but they aren't at the wine-in-a-box stage here in China yet. Wine is getting popular in Beijing, but not that popular. I'd give it another 5-10 years before the first wine box appears.

I'll be back in the USA by summer anyway, and all this China strangeness will be behind me.

Drinking a few bags of wine can't hurt wherever you are... :-P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin