Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,090   Online: 1047

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    This film technically belongs to a group called "false-colour films".
    Right!
    In any case, I'll probably try some, although I wish they would have gone for real IR Color film. Of course then 'Lomographers' would have to understand about filters, and most likely, use a tripod. That violates their first rule - "don't think, just shoot". Wait, sometimes I do that. I also have a couple of Holgas. I may be a closet Lomographer.
    See you later, I'm going to my darkroom to reverse roll some color film.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm not sure why Lomography gets such a bad rap. I shoot both. There are times when I just feel like going out and shooting anything that moves. Other times, I like to take my time, set up the tripod, and take landscape shots.

I would love to get a medium format camera, but right now its just not in the budget. My "lomo" camera is one I picked up in a dollar store. I have another camera that my wife picked up at at discount store (5 below for those in the US), I'm going to try out soon. The shutter is directly connected to the shutter release, as long as I push the button, the shutter is open.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I guess this debate is just an analogy on the classic pictorialist vs. straight photography debate, isn't it? Regardless, i think it will be fun to try out for some surreal pictures.
    Nicholai Nissen
    Kolding, Denmark
    nicholainissen@gmail.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Personally I'm not too bothered about this particular film but I am glad to see any new film being made. I'm more excited that a company as dynamic as Lomography is now producing its own film. If anyone is going to be bringing out new slide films it will be Lomography. Admittedly the focus will probably be on cross processing them but watch this space for new E6 film.

I only hope is that if they develop a new emulsion, they make one which gives good results when processed in E6 and not just for giving pleasing results in C41. I also hope that they pay some attention to quality control.

I might also speculate that you will get a C41 film with strong saturated colours and high contrast that might work for landscapes.

I wonder where they are making this film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This sort of thing has been around for a long time. Look at Alexander Rodchenko's advice to photographers. A bit of iconoclasm isn't a bad thing is it?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by GregW View Post
    This sort of thing has been around for a long time. Look at Alexander Rodchenko's advice to photographers. A bit of iconoclasm isn't a bad thing is it?
    I suspect not. (;

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pdeeh View Post
    I really think it's wrong-headed to assume that "Lomo fans" are all somehow learning-disabled
    I hoped I had made it clear that I was referring to the initial impression that someone whose prior experience of photography was exclusively digital might get when first encountering Lomography.

Many people today are convinced of digital's superiority in every way. Lomography, whilst being an excellent thing in the sense that it is fashionable with youngsters and introduces them to film, ironically may at first reinforce that stereotype. In that sense it is a strange ambassador for film. That is all I was saying - I even backed down on my use of the word 'misrepresenting', conceding it was maybe not the right word to use.

Of course the Lomo fans may then go on to learn more about film photography - I hope they do. If they don't - at least they are buying film and having fun using it - which is absolutely fine by me, too.

But please, no way did I imply that Lomo fans were 'learning-disabled' - nor would I do so. I think that comment was a bit out of order.
    Steve

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I am thinking about trying some. Never shot IR film and even though this is not the real thing it seems interesting enough to try. On a side note, I would not be surprised if Kodak is making it. How many other manufacturers would be able to tweak color film to order? A few weeks ago I got some of the Lomo 100 speed 35mm. I haven't shot any yet but it is clearly Kodak, including the fact that it says "Made in USA." AFAIK, that means Kodak.
    All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That is interesting that Kodak are now making their 100 speed colour neg. Until recently it was Farrania but that supply must have dried up. There 100 speed slide film was also kodak produced (Elitechrome 100EB) but that dried up a good few months ago.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Honestly I just wish they could have put IR sensitive dye in the red layer and shift the red and green forward one layer and put the yellow layer at the front.

Then we have a similarish film to EIR. Sigh.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin