Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,427   Online: 1058

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I think the name "Lomochrome" is a bit misleading. Yes, it is intended to imitate Aerochrome and EIR, but "chrome" in a film name has always meant transparency, while "color" has always meant color negative. This is negative film, so IMHO it should've been named "Lomocolor" or "Lomocolor IR" or something of that nature, not "Lomochrome."

Sigh... If it was either reversal film or wasn't $7+/roll for color negative film, I would be tempted to try it. Who knows, I may try it one day but not yet I have too much other stuff I want to do when it gets warm weather here in currently chilly Central Illinois.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How about Verichrome Pan - not only a negative film, but B&W to boot.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd love to see some results but, like nearly all C41 film, the outcome won't be what the Lomographer shot. It will be what the automatic printing machine down at the lab delivers after bursting its boiler trying to correct all those bad colour shifts.
    Photography, the word itself, invented and defined by its author Sir John.F.W.Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society, Somerset House, London. Quote "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..". unquote.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ME Super View Post
    I think the name "Lomochrome" is a bit misleading. Yes, it is intended to imitate Aerochrome and EIR, but "chrome" in a film name has always meant transparency, while "color" has always meant color negative.
    As said "-chrome" was also used for spectrally sensitized b&w films.
    And "-color" was used for transparency films starting with additive materials, over the first modern substantive transparency film "Agfacolor-new" to further films.

This may be of no relevance to most of the Lomo clientele, but should be corrected here for historical reasons.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What I find more interesting about this is the fact that it appears that the people who pre-order this film are financing the making of it. As much as I would like to try some, paying for something that's may not be made yet (and is very expensive for what it is at that) there is no way of guaranteeing that you will ever see the film or the money back, a lot can happen from now till July there's no way of really knowing that there even going to be here still trading then.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by john341264 View Post
    What I find more interesting about this is the fact that it appears that the people who pre-order this film are financing the making of it. As much as I would like to try some, paying for something that's may not be made yet (and is very expensive for what it is at that) there is no way of guaranteeing that you will ever see the film or the money back, a lot can happen from now till July there's no way of really knowing that there even going to be here still trading then.
    But on the other hand.... What a great way to pursuade a manufacturer to produce something new.

Simon at Harman has just told us that they have decided not to produce a true IR film as the market is to small to justify the development cost.... Imagine if there was a movement like Lomography but dedicated to APUG type customers that could stump up enough cash to commission a special order of significant size? Might still not tempt Harman (who's R and D costs are probably huge since their quality control is so high). But Foma or a Chinese company???
    Steve

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    And "-color" was used for transparency films starting with additive materials, over the first modern substantive transparency film "Agfacolor-new" to further films.

This may be of no relevance to most of the Lomo clientele, but should be corrected here for historical reasons.
    I stand corrected, so I will rephrase that. "-chrome" has been used largely for color reversal films since I got interested in photography in the late 70's, and "-color" has been used largely for color negative films during that same time frame.

Hmm, I wonder... If I sent a roll of HP5+ to DR5 for reversal processing, could I say it was "Ilfochrome HP5+"?
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    False colors aren't new.....there were some very bizarre effects filters available at one time from the likes of Hoya and (particularly) Cokin.
    Yes. This inspired me to dig out my old Spiratone 'Vibra-Color' filters. Anybody remember them? I haven't used them for a long time because I do mostly B&W, but am going to see what I can do with them now. Maybe on my Holga ...
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post

I'm old enough to remember when almost every major manufacturer had a black & white ortho film (non-red sensitive) as their low price offering, usually only in rollfilm sizes, so there was Kodak Verichrome, Ilford Selochrome, Ensign Ultrachrome and many many others. Then at some point Kodak changed their Verichrome emulsion to a pan one and added the Pan to the Verichrome. It was at that point that most surviving manufacturers dropped their ortho rollfilms.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonh82 View Post
    Personally I'm not too bothered about this particular film but I am glad to see any new film being made. I'm more excited that a company as dynamic as Lomography is now producing its own film. If anyone is going to be bringing out new slide films it will be Lomography. Admittedly the focus will probably be on cross processing them but watch this space for new E6 film.

I only hope is that if they develop a new emulsion, they make one which gives good results when processed in E6 and not just for giving pleasing results in C41. I also hope that they pay some attention to quality control.

I might also speculate that you will get a C41 film with strong saturated colours and high contrast that might work for landscapes.

I wonder where they are making this film?
    Lomograph recently did bring out a new E6 slide film but for the 110 size. Intended primarily for cross-processing in C41, it can be used as a conventional slide film. I haven't bought any and have no idea who made it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin