Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,990   Posts: 1,524,185   Online: 1088

Shooter
    35mm

Re-using Tetenal E6 in small batches

I've been looking to find some info on the subject but no luck, maybe someone that tried this can help. Here's the situation;
    I'm using the Tetenal E6 kit (1L or 5L). The thing is, I'm usually developing one or two films at a time, so I simply mix up only 170ml of chemistry (I'm using a Jobo, that's slightly above the minimum 140ml for rotation).
    The instructions mention that 1L of working solution is enough for 12 films, so 170ml should be enough for 2 films, right?
    Is anybody doing this successfully? Could 150ml be used for two films, but not at the same time (finish one, then load the next and use the same batch of chemicals)? And how long would the used solutions last, i.e. would it be possible to do one film, save the used chemicals and use it for another film after a week?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Re: Re-using Tetenal E6 in small batches

Quote Originally Posted by hinisc View Post
    I've been looking to find some info on the subject but no luck, maybe someone that tried this can help. Here's the situation;
    I'm using the Tetenal E6 kit (1L or 5L). The thing is, I'm usually developing one or two films at a time, so I simply mix up only 170ml of chemistry (I'm using a Jobo, that's slightly above the minimum 140ml for rotation).
    The instructions mention that 1L of working solution is enough for 12 films, so 170ml should be enough for 2 films, right?
    Is anybody doing this successfully? Could 150ml be used for two films, but not at the same time (finish one, then load the next and use the same batch of chemicals)? And how long would the used solutions last, i.e. would it be possible to do one film, save the used chemicals and use it for another film after a week?
    I asked that question some time ago on the LFF forum and at Tetanal themselves, and it is possible. If you are on LFF, search for threat started by me and you should find it.

Stefan

Verstuurd van mijn GT-P7510 met Tapatalk

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by gliderbee View Post
    I asked that question some time ago on the LFF forum and at Tetanal themselves, and it is possible. If you are on LFF, search for threat started by me and you should find it.
    Found it, thanks a lot, very useful info...
    They should have included these in the instructions manual.

Shooter
    35mm
    I use a 150cc of all E6 baths for a JOBO 35mm tank except the final rinse where it requires the stabiliser to fully cover the film with no movement for the prescribed time. I have never had any problem of 'under-cooking' the film with this quantity. For 120 film or 2x35mm I use 250cc of chemicals and get the same result. With the 35mm JOBO I can process 6 films. With the 250cc quantity I will always be able to process 8 films.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin